how to either: import cronometer OR turn off user submitted foods?

my doctor wants me to use the food tracker diary in MFP but wants me to use non user generated foods. I trust the cronometer database a lot more. is there any way to sync or import data from cronometer? if not, is there any way to turn off user submitted foods so I don't have to scroll for ages every time I try to log something?

thanks in advance for any hep you can provide!

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    There is no easy way to distinguish user entered versus 'curated'.
    MFP entered a number of validated food entries and marked them with a green checkmark. The problem is that the checkmark is also used to show entries that have been confirmed by a number of users, and there is no guarantee that those are correct.

I would recommend a different approach:
    - for whole foods, use the green checkmark but also check against the USDA legacy food database (or Cronometer if you prefer)
    - for processed foods, just check the entry against the label.
    - if you see incorrect entries and can't find a correct version, you can scroll down and report the food. Reporting doesn't do anything, but if you save the food to My Foods when you correct it, it's available there for future use.

One you've used a food entry, you can find it in your Recent or Frequent list (or My foods for edited entries) or copy from your diary to another day.