Little to no results in 2+ months

Following My Fitness Pal religiously and have lost 1 pound — very active and build muscle in the gym but cannot lean out for some reason — not sure what I need to adjust or what I am doing wrong

Answers

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Eat less.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    More info needed for helpful suggestions
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    You need to lower your weekly calorie intake
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    How long have you been doing MFP? Exercising in the gym? What type of exercise?

Age height current weight and calorie goal?

Help us help you.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    How do you measure your calorie intake? Using a food scale is likely to be more accurate than using volume measures or eyeballing.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 5
    amandavnn wrote: »
    build muscle in the gym but cannot lean out

Its very difficult to do both. Consider changing your lifting to a more 'maintenance' approach- lighter weight and higher reps. Focus more on fat loss. Keep protein closer to 0.8g per lb of bodyweight. Im making the assumption that you're eating more than that.
    Change daily calorie allowance to 500cal less than youre doing now.

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    amandavnn wrote: »
    build muscle in the gym but cannot lean out

Its very difficult to do both. Consider changing your lifting to a more 'maintenance' approach- lighter weight and higher reps. Focus more on fat loss. Keep protein closer to 0.8g per lb of bodyweight. Im making the assumption that you're eating more than that.
    Change daily calorie allowance to 500cal less than youre doing now.
    lowering weight and increasing reps is not what you want to do when attempting to lose fat.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    most likely your calories eaten are higher than you record. All it takes is being off by 100 or 200. So, either your tracking numbers are wrong.. or you're eating bites of food you are not recording and thinking don't matter. Bottom line ,, you're eating at your maintenance for your weight now. You need to cut a 100 or 200 calories.
  • tompemberton
    tompemberton Posts: 2 Member
    I plateaued recently for 12 weeks weight didn't budge I was averaging 1500 kcal net after exercising throughout. it was soul destroying seeing the weight stay the same and not budge. but then body kicked into gear and I started to see the scale move. Its such a hard thing to see but you just have to stick with it and it will eventually start to see it move in the right direction.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,242 Member
    "build muscle in the gym but cannot lean out"

wanna build muscle in the gym - eat more

wanna lean out - eat less