Why did my macros change quite a bit after three days.

lamarwbstr86
lamarwbstr86 Posts: 3 Member
edited August 3 in Health and Weight Loss
My macros changed quite a bit after three days. And I’m not sure if it’s a glitch in the program or I’m unknowledgeable on how the app and or macros counting is supposed to work. Maybe it’s supposed to fluctuate during a weight loss journey. Can someone help me?2ewuhhhy3p2y.png8r332itjetz5.png

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Your original macro goals were custom, I see. Did you edit your settings? If you edit your goal settings or personal stats, your macro goals will revert to the standard split.
  • lamarwbstr86
    Today, it asked me to update my current weight. So I put in 182 thinking that was a part of the process. But it threw it way off to where I questioned it. And I’m struggling to remember customizing my macro. Granted, I did it with my girlfriend. My goal is to drop body fat and keep my mass. How should I go about doing that?
  • DrBenja
    DrBenja Posts: 32 Member
    It’s normal for macros to fluctuate during a weight loss journey, but if the changes seem drastic, it might be a glitch or an app setting. Double-check your app’s settings and maybe consult a nutritionist.
  • lamarwbstr86
    Sounds good. I’m going to have a nutritionist help me out. Thank you for your support 🙂.

Cheers,

Lamar
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    edited August 4
    Today, it asked me to update my current weight. So I put in 182 thinking that was a part of the process. But it threw it way off to where I questioned it. And I’m struggling to remember customizing my macro. Granted, I did it with my girlfriend. My goal is to drop body fat and keep my mass. How should I go about doing that?

Going for a higher protein intake larmes sense for that (you'll hear many rules if thumb for that, 1gr per lb of bodyweight is a popular one). The main thing to preserve muscle mass aside from working out and sufficient protein, is not choosing an aggressive rate of loss (=calorie intake, not macro split).

But don't update your current weight in your settings unless you want to update your calorie goal and macros (a lighter body requires fewer calories), because they will revert to the standard macro split. (Nothing very wrong with that standard split, it's a matter of preference, but some people do prefer a higher protein intake)
    You can do daily or weekly weigh-ins and add them via 'Progress' (this usually doesn't trigger a test of the macros).