Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

This is where I need real help

Getting food right and portions right my 😞 guest issue

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    Use a food scale and weigh every ingredients. Then you know how big your portions can be. And if you find that they don't fill you make small changes so you get enough food within your calorie allowance.

Also, make sure you set your calorie goal appropriately. For a women 1200 (1500 for a man) is likely not appropriate. Chose a slower goal until you get more than this number.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 549 Member
    edited August 4
    As already stated, get a food scale and use it religiously! It's funny how good I've gotten at guessing portion sizes. I like to challenge myself by dishing out the portion then weighing it to see how good my eye balling skills are :lol:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,838 Member
    In addition to a food scale, get a bunch of metal measuring spoons. They are cheap on Amazon. I just used one to make sure I only used 1 tablespoon of butter/canola spread on my grilled cheese sandwich.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    edited August 8
    I pre-log what I want to eat the next day, and guesstimate what that days calorie burn will be.

Then I go back and start chipping away at the wants, and making substitutions to reach my needs (specifically protein).

I guess you could say, I β€œsculpt” a meal plan.

Pre-logging is essential for me.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    In addition to a food scale, get a bunch of metal measuring spoons. They are cheap on Amazon. I just used one to make sure I only used 1 tablespoon of butter/canola spread on my grilled cheese sandwich.

Not smacking down Heidi, but I learned to use metric. It’s far easier to use and gives exact results, plus ultimately gives me better results cooking.

For example, I found I was using about 300gr flour on a measuring cup, versus the 237 that is accurately weighed out via metric on a scale. Really helped with weight control and baking results! Baked goods not so heavy anymore. 🀣