Hi

Hi all. I'm new on here. I need support. I'm 15 months post op from bariatric sleeve surgery. I last 60lbs and gained back 30. I need all the help and support I can get.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Do you have a medical team, support groups and educational materials?

Eating more than you need is primarily a thinking problem, and support is really important. Call your team and get plugged in to groups and professional help.

Are you logging food every day? Start with that. That's where I started, then I studied my FOOD page like my life depended on it - turns out that was not only the truth, but a very smart idea I had.

Stick with us. Keep reading everything in these forums. :flowerforyou:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hi. I'm not quite 9 months out from bariatric surgery (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) and I've lost 122lbs since then (11/13/23) and 160lbs total since 08/29/23.

What do you think has lead to the regain? I continue to meet monthly with my nutritionist, while making sure I remain active (shoot for at least 5 days a week with at least 10k steps, and at least 5k, preferably 7.5k on the other 2, plus I weight train 4-6 days a week). I meticulously weigh and log my foods, while making conscious decisions to choose high protein options that keep me on track for my goals.

I also did the hard mental work of figuring out how/why I got so heavy and addressed some issues I had in my relationship with food/eating.