Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekly Update Thread

Hi everyone! I just decided to post a weekly update thread for myself. I'd love it if others would join in and post their progress as well. That would be more fun!

About me - I'm a 47-year-old woman from Pennsylvania. I've been trying to lose weight for years. Doing everything. Weight Watchers, calorie counting, drugs, nutrisystem.. Things would work for a short period and then be too hard to maintain, or I would just get tired of eating the same thing all the time. I've come to realize that I'm a food addict. I cut 99% of sugar and flour out of my diet. I am not really counting calories. I track my diet, loosely counting calories, but it is a hell of a lot more than calories in and out. I've lost 22 lbs since May 31st. I hardly get hungry, and I don't really get cravings. Sugar and Flour are addictive substances for me. I'm much better off without them! My diet consists of meat, vegetables, and fruit.

I feel great. Have a lot more energy. But still have about 80 lbs more to lose!

HW 248
CW 218
GW 140

Replies

• chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 73 Member
    HW 248
    CW 217
    GW 140

This week hasn't been too bad. I got really hungry one day and ended up eating potato chips and a small bowl of ice cream. If I do that once in a while it's not so bad. Haven't done that since the beginning of June. That made me realize that I wasn't eating enough. So yesterday, I went to Aldi and bought a bunch of meat and nuts. Nuts have been my go-to snack. Also, made my own salsa yesterday with everything from my garden except the cilantro. OMG, so good! I've been eating a lot of "taco salads" without the chips, so the salsa is divine on that!
  • Timberheidi
    Timberheidi Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 16
    Tacos sound great right now! I’m 59,live in California, just diagnosed as pre diabetic. After 20 years in the healthcare field, this hit hard and my diet immediately changed…after only 10 days of low carb/prediabetic diet, may hands feel amazing. Wow, I thought that I had arthritis, but just saw the MD today at my husband’s appointment and she said it must have been neuropathy. I’ve lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and just love MFP for tracking food. Nuts have been a good go-to snack for me as well. Good luck with your weight loss-you can do it!
    HW 179
    CW 174
    GW 135
  • chrissyinbloom
    After 20 years in the healthcare field, this hit hard and my diet immediately changed…

Me too! I've worked in healthcare for 22 years now. I know the science of being healthy and thin, However, I realized that I suffer from food addiction and just had to cut out sugar and flour all together. Fruits and starchy veggies still spike my blood sugar. So, I know I'm insulin resistant.

And, I also have bad neuropathy in my feet, but I'm not diabetic. That's slowly, VERY slowly improving.
  • chrissyinbloom
    HW 248
    CW 213
    GW 140

I had a pretty good week! It gets easier and easier to say no to sugar and flour. I feel so much better and the scale moving is also a great motivator.

I've been weighing myself daily and don't get discouraged if the scale goes up. I had 3 days in a row when it went up. Had some minor negative thoughts. The next day, I was constantly in the bathroom going #2. I guess I was just all backed up!

I had heard about some really good Omega 3 milk at Aldi, so I decided to try it. It was the best tasting milk I've ever had! Unfortunately, I found that milk spikes my blood sugar, even with low amounts. So, I've decided to give it up in the meantime. I'm only drinking water and unsweetened tea.
  • chrissyinbloom
    edited August 31
    HW 248
    CW 210
    GW 140

Hope everyone had a good week! I had a decent week. Made pretty good food choices. Learned that beans upset my stomach and spike my blood sugar, as well as potatoes.

I've been attempting to be more active. Making it a priority to get some steps in. Walking some after dinner, or just pulling weeds! Striving for a minimum of 5,000 steps daily. That's just to start. I had been sitting on my butt too much. I will gradually increase my step goal as needed.

I'm down 3 more pounds this week, so I must be doing something right!

On a personal note: My mom is finally being listed for a dual transplant - liver & kidney. I've been very busy being her caregiver. Filling her prescriptions/pill box, and driving her to multiple doctor appointments weekly--some an hour and a half away. I haven't been able to work full time with my mom's health and my autistic son. I don't get benefits through work and was getting Medicaid through the state. Well, last month I apparently worked too many hours and I now no longer qualify for Medicaid. But yet, I somehow don't make enough money to pay all my bills and whatnot. What kind of sense does that make? *banging my head against a wall*