šŸ©· SUGAR šŸ’•šŸ§

2Ā»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Iā€™m checking my sugar numbers because of you, @AdahPotatah2024, which I never do, and laughing.

My first impulse was shock, and then. I remembered, oh yeah, every night I eat 3 gorgeous, crispy, melt in my mouth, fist-sized meringues.

Iā€™d rather cut off my right hand than fret over and drop my beloved meringues.

These joys are available from the baked goods section in Sprouts, and are 30 calories apiece. ā€œIrresistible Meringuesā€, from Belgium, six to a clamshell, two ingredients (sugar, egg whites). I buy every package I can when I see them.

Sugar grams, well spent. šŸ‘šŸ» Donā€™t hate. Itā€™s a vast improvement for moi.

Part of my meringue stash:

kbvu1zqcdi5v.jpeg

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I donā€™t care what they cost. At least itā€™s not cigarettes, ya know?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,988 Member
    Yum!!!šŸ’• I am going to look for those..but not til next week, haha

22 grams today- zero jarritos šŸ„²
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    Iā€™m checking my sugar numbers because of you, @AdahPotatah2024, which I never do, and laughing.

My first impulse was shock, and then. I remembered, oh yeah, every night I eat 3 gorgeous, crispy, melt in my mouth, fist-sized meringues.

Iā€™d rather cut off my right hand than fret over and drop my beloved meringues.

These joys are available from the baked goods section in Sprouts, and are 30 calories apiece. ā€œIrresistible Meringuesā€, from Belgium, six to a clamshell, two ingredients (sugar, egg whites). I buy every package I can when I see them.

Sugar grams, well spent. šŸ‘šŸ» Donā€™t hate. Itā€™s a vast improvement for moi.

kbvu1zqcdi5v.jpeg

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

This was me and my 3 mini hostess cupcakes to a serving for 1 point when I was on Weight Watchers. I loaded up that cart with every box they had whenever I went shopping there.

(I'm pre diabetic now and have FINALLY started to regularly check my blood sugar 2 hours after my last and biggest meal.)
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    edited August 13
    Yesterday I had 55.8 grams sugar, including 16.6 grams added
    Aug 10, 25.6, 9.11 added from bread, cream cheese spread
    Aug 9, 31.9, 10.8 added from bread, cereal, and pork sausage
    August 8, 20.8, 4 from a bagel
    Sugar is not my weakness. Fat is. All that bread had butter, cream cheese, nut butter or something fatty and decadent on it.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    edited August 13

kbvu1zqcdi5v.jpeg

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Used to make them at home with kids at Christmas. Not as pretty. all flavors crushed candy canes on top.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member

kbvu1zqcdi5v.jpeg

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Used to make them at home with kids at Christmas. Not as pretty. all flavors crushed candy canes on top.

Iā€™ve made them, experimented with half sugar, aquafaba. But something about the texture of these things is amazing.