Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Where’s My Post

I joined this group over a week ago and I posted an introduction and question. I have also responded to someone else’s post. When I look it says I have no posts. I did see where my response went out, but I can’t find my post. I’m wondering where it went.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    This looks like the reply you mention, maybe?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/48220513/#Comment_48220513

If you started a new thread (like by posting in Introductions) there are two possibilities I can think of:

1. Sometimes someone new accidentally trips over one of the rules for using MFP Community, and their post gets deleted by moderators. That can be a completely innocent mistake. The most common cases are someone posting outside contact information (like an email address, instagram account, etc.), or posting something that other people think is advertising. (That can happen if a person's first post is a link to a commercial site, even if meant as helpful advice. One common pattern for spammy advertisers is to make a new ID, post a link to their health or fitness site on their first post, then disappear. If someone posts a helpful link as their first post, it can be mistaken for that, and other users may flag it as advertising.)

The "rules of the road" here are fairly simple, but can cause some initial stumbles. You can read the whole set of rules here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

2. Any thread you post should be able to be found via the "My Discussions" link on many of the Community pages in the web version, or if using the phone/tablet app, in the "My Discussions" link you'll see if you click your avatar in the upper right area of most Community pages.

Maybe there are other possible explanations I'm not thinking of in the moment, too.

Some of these things are a little confusing at first, but you'll sort it out. Please do stick around and participate!