Increased Libido

Options
Ummmm...the more I workout and lose weight, the higher my sex drive. Is this true for most people? If so, why is that? There seems to be a correlation.

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I don't know but if its a proven fact that I better get on that bandwagon and start losing some weight and working out harder!!!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I find the more active I am, the more active I want to be. That extends to all areas in life.

Yup, definitely true for a lot of people out there! Lol!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There are couple of things at play.......fat cells actually have a hormonal impact on your body which inhibits libido and just the fact you feel better about yourself /more confident gives your sex drive a mental boost.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    When I am working out I feel better about myself and that leads to more bedroom activity.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I concur with everything said so far- plus I did read (in another post- nothing scientific researched yet) that weights specifically do increase testosterone levels which add to your sex drive. I lift weights- I feel more frisky than before I did, so yes this is just my opinion, but...:wink:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Probably a boost in testosterone and more self confidence - likely a combination of the two.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I see, I see. So I'm glad to hear it's normal then.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you complaining?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Testosterone is the sex motivation hormone. It's kind of my favorite hormone ever.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There are couple of things at play.......fat cells actually have a hormonal impact on your body which inhibits libido and just the fact you feel better about yourself /more confident gives your sex drive a mental boost.

^^^ this for me. Unfortunately, my hubby works FT and goes to school FT 4x/nights a week. :cry: However, yes, definite INCREASE because my self confidence is higher and I like what I see in the mirror more. :smile:
  • NYE00
    NYE00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be lol
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...the more I workout and lose weight, the higher my sex drive. Is this true for most people? If so, why is that? There seems to be a correlation.

Yes. When I'm lifting, or swimming and biking a lot, it's game on 24/7.

I also take a testosterone increasing stack for ****s and giggles that are making me more aggressive, increasing that libido, focus, mad pumpz, w/e. It's for fun anyway.
  • My husband wishes this was so.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you complaining?

Haha not at all. :)
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    careful !!

you ll be leaving the light on next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!