Fitness Blender workouts?

Options
Do any of you do the Fitness Blender workout videos? It has been my go to site for my workouts and I was wondering how accurate their calorie counts were that they label on the different workouts, and if anyone has had good success doing their videos?

Since I don't belong to (and can't afford) a gym membership, I do all of my exercise from home. I'm perfectly happy with this and found that I love strength training (about 75% of my workouts) and not so much cardio (which I still fit in a few days a week in form of HIIT/Tabata workouts). I usually do their workouts that are at least an hour long. When I calculate my calorie burn, I always take the minimum number. Like if it lists you will burn 300-600 calories, I always assume I'm burning the lowest number, even though I put in a good amount of effort and don't just run through the motions. Is this pretty accurate? I don't have a heart rate monitor so I can't tell for sure, but what do you all think, if you've tried any of the videos?

Replies

• maciec
    maciec Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love these videos! According to my HRM I burn more than what they say for each workout.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender workouts, and I wear a HRM when I do them....I think unless you are the same height, weight and age as Kelli or Dan.. the amount of calories you burn will vary. I would invest in a HRM, to get an accurate account of how much you're burning. You can find them cheap for as little as $40.

But I think your method of using the smallest number of possible calories works too. Good Luck.. and your body progress looks amazing!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love their workouts! Keeps me from getting bored with any one workout, and when I find one of their shorter circuit workouts that I really like I do it 2 or 3 times depending on the length. I wear a HRM when I do them, and usually fall in their calorie estimate range.

Good luck hope you enjoy them!
  • Xzandira
    Xzandira Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes !!!! I love them still have to invest in a hrm tho :)
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like them a lot, but would need to invest in an HRM to know if their calorie estimate is accurate. I assume it wouldn't be accurate for me, as I am way fatter than average.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender workouts. I tend to do at least one of their workouts each week. I wear a hrm and my calories are usally between their min and max range.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Love them, & have been working out to them for over a year, going on two. I've definitely seen changes in my body from it. But I do try to go by my heart rate as to how many calories I burn. It varies for everyone, based on height, weight & age. But your heart rate can really help determine it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the calorie burn; I take the larger number because I'm tall, have about 243 lbs on me, and I burn a lot. That being said, I have never come across something like Fitness Blender. I can usually tell I'm doing a good workout by how much I sweat and I'm sweting a lot. I discovered FB about 2.5 weeks ago and have never looked back. I do other things too (treadmill, lots of hard walking and some jogging, some kick boxing, and cycling) and I know I've hit he jackpot. I like the long workouts, that it's a white backdrop with only one or two persons, that they do the whole thing with you.

Fitness Blender rocks and I've been telling everyone who will listen to check it out. I'm hooked.
  • slymenstra_
    slymenstra_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love FB, and have done the 8 week program and been using the recepies in their 4 week food program time to time. I wear HRM and always burn higher calories than their max. estimation. I'm 56 kg 160 cm, 21 years old woman. But I do some exercises faster than Keli or Daniel.
  • mhmcv
    mhmcv Posts: 2
    Options
    i absolutely love fitness blender. i tell everyone i know about them. i don't have a hrm so i just assume that i'm burning calories on the lower end like you do.
  • futuremdnca
    futuremdnca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing their 8 week fat loss and am on week 2, what sort of change did you see?
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender junkie. Love them!

I never pay attention to calorie burn but assume since I'm 5'10 163, that I burn toward the mid, higher end of their estimates.

Been curious lately. May need to invest in HRM one of these days.
  • Debbi2309
    Debbi2309 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes I love their workouts been doing them for a month or so now, and have got their 8 week fat loss round 1 and the busy people one and working my way through them, been telling anyone and everyone that will listen about them and recommending them,
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE them!

Especially the 10 minute standing ab workout or the other fast non-crunch ab workouts.

Can you tell I hate ab workouts? :tongue: