how to calculate macros

Hello i"m new here and need some help logging in macros..For example on a packaging it only shows macros for 100gm food whereas i'm only consuming 25gm..so do i calculate and key in the numbers manually to create the food? Also would like to know where can i get more info on how to calculate manually so i dont make a mistake.

so the macros for 100gm crispbread ;
protein - 24.6gm
carbs -15.5gm
fat - 40.7gm

is it correct if i keyed in??
protein -6.15gm
carbs - 3.8gm
fat - 10.1gm

Answers

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    edited August 13
    If the food is not in the database in grams already you can add it per 100gr. If it's there already you can log from there. If you eat 25gr and have an entry per 100gr you log 0.25. If you happen to have an entry for 1g then you log 25. If you ate 125gr and you have a 100gr entry then you log 1.25. No need to calculate here. I think you can also enter fractions, at least in the app. Then you can enter 1/4 for 25gr and a 100gr entry.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 13
    Pull up your food, and double touch to highlight the number of servings. This is my meat entry for lunch today:
    qjfe6yv526ur.png

Once it turns blue, you can type over the default amount.

You can also convert quantity from grams to ounces and vice versa, but the first few times I tried that I found the conversion to be very unreliable, so I just learned the easy conversations: 28gr to an ounce, 15gr to a tablespoon.

Once you know those, it’s easier to use metric.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    you can also log in the 100g item, and say that you ate 0.25 servings