IF any tips

Hello today is my first day did 16-8
Any tips on what to eat after the fast
Don’t want to blow this

Answers

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    What don'you want to blow?
    Understand the Intermittent Fasting is no special way to lose fat. Fatloss still comes down to your weekly caloie deficit and nothing to do with meal timing or any kind of fasting periods. If IF causes you to take in fewer overall weekly calories then it works however if you arent in a weekly caloric deficit then there is no fatloss.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    edited August 13
    ^What Tom said, and also - eat whatever you want that you can fit into your daily calories - try to get some fresh vegetables and fruit in there, and if you're trying to lose weight, maybe log it beforehand so you can tweak things calorie-wise and try to stay with leaner protein, a little fat, maybe some dairy or eggs, and a small portion of whole grains.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    Nothing magical about fasting so my advice would be the same for anyone trying to lose fat. Energy deficit is numero uno. Focus on protein and fiber. Stick to mostly nutrient dense food. Sprinkle in fun foods you love to keep it sustainable. Nothing is off limits per se but you do have to be somewhat reasonable. Good Luck!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    When I went 16-8 a few years ago I just cut out breakfast. I ate a normal lunch and dinner and made sure to count calories as well, so I wasn’t too low (haha, not usually a problem).
  • tomcustombuilder
    fiddletime wrote: »
    When I went 16-8 a few years ago I just cut out breakfast. I ate a normal lunch and dinner and made sure to count calories as well, so I wasn’t too low (haha, not usually a problem).
    Lol, Intermittent Fasting sounds so much sexier than the Skipping Breakfast diet.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 14
    I tried the Skipping Breakfast diet.

I was very virtuous about it.

Unfortunately, it was followed by the “I Deserve to Eat This Bag of Candy/Chips/and/or Cookies Because I Skipped Breakfast and It Was So Hard” recovery plan.

Didn’t work for me. 🐽
  • tomcustombuilder
    I tried the Skipping Breakfast diet.

I was very virtuous about it.

Unfortunately, it was followed by the “I Deserve to Eat This Bag of Candy/Chips/and/or Cookies Because I Skipped Breakfast and It Was So Hard” recovery plan.

Didn’t work for me. 🐽

lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Hello today is my first day did 16-8
    Any tips on what to eat after the fast
    Don’t want to blow this

What's your actual goal in doing IF? Weight loss? Some specific health benefit (what?)? Something else (what?)?

If your goal is weight loss, the only way you can blow it is if you eat too many calories in total during your non-fasting hours. In that way it's just like the "eat whenever you want" method I used to lose weight.

Some people like IF, and use it to maintain a steady weight. They couldn't do that if it automatically and always resulted in weight loss, right?

Break your fast with any food you enjoy that doesn't unacceptably spike your appetite or upset your stomach, if the goal is weight loss. Bonus points if it contributes some useful nutrition.

If your goal is something other than weight loss, we need more information from you in order to make any intelligent suggestions.

Best wishes for success!