Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

AI scanner

Hi
I had noticed that other calorie trackers have started implementing AI Scanning system. Is that something My Fitness Pal will integrate in the app?
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Im not looking forward to it- I work in AI, and I see WAY to often- tech companies put out total garbage AI and expect their customers to do the testing. So often a disappointment.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    AI is a huge buzzword recently, and yes, lots of companies jump on board trends . . . sometimes pointless ones.

What would you be looking for AI to do, in the context of a calorie tracking app? Maybe just a few examples?

MFP has had bar code scanning and calorie estimation from photos of foods for a while. They're premium features. Last I knew the photo estimation thing was only available in one environment (don't recall whether Apple or Android, and that may've changed). I don't use them, even though I have premium, because I think they're trendy, dumb, and not very accurate.