Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Needs improved functionality

Often, using MFP on the desktop is more cumbersome than it needs to be. I think you all could do a much better job in making this user friendly. Given what tech is today, this interface is feeling dated. This is what I propose:
  1. We should be able to look at our recipes on a desktop (vs tiny phone) in alphabetical order.
  2. Offer us search functionality for recipes on the desktop. I’m astounded that this hasn’t occurred. If I have 20 pages of recipes, it means I have to scroll pages and pages and pages to find what I’m looking for.
  3. When I edit a recipe on the desktop, and it saves, the UI takes me back to the beginning. And if I was on page 8, I have to scroll all the way back to that to pick up what I was doing. This should be corrected.
  4. It would be nice if recipes had a section for notes.
  5. The app is starting to get “noisy,” adversely impacting the user experience, making it slightly more bulky and burdensome. I would prefer t go to where I want to go without all the extra messaging.

Thank you.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 806 MFP Staff
    Thank you so much for your insight - I can see how these points would be helpful. I've just passed this along to our internal team to think more about!