Hey there! New here! 👋🙂

Hello, FitnessPal Community! My name is Rench. I started joining MyFitnessPal just a few days ago. My target is to lose 110 pounds in 2 years. It will be a long way for me but it's now or never! If you're feeling low today, just want you to know that you can do this! It's okay to feel that nothing is working out but just trust the process, show up, do it, eat healthy and you'll make it! 🩵

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Hi @ChauvineDarjuan

Welcome to MFP, Rench.

I love your attitude and your commitment to slow loss. A lot of folks come here looking for the fastest solution, and all the “tricks” they seem to think were holding out on them, lol.

The best trick is taking it slow, and taking the time to commit to and learn how to use the app, and learn new habits you can use in maintenance.

Folks seem to think losing weight is the hard part. It wasn’t. Once I got rolling it was actually quite easy. It’s the consistent plugging away at maintenance that can be the grind, but I’ve learned to love better foods, exercise has become a habit, and even several years into maintenance, I still plan ahead, weigh, and log faithfully.

Take the time to read the boards, especially the “stickies” aka the threads at the top of each sub-board. There’s a ton of helpful info there.

Ask questions. . I’ve asked some doozies along the way, and no one has wagged their finger at me, although I have recieved Tough Love when warranted, lol

Much success to you! (Notice I didn’t wish you “luck”. There is no luck in weight loss.)
  • TrishaAnn13
    TrishaAnn13 Posts: 50 Member
    Reach, welcome!! Excited to be here for your journey!
  • ChauvineDarjuan
    ChauvineDarjuan Posts: 4 Member
    @springlering62
    Oh my! Thank you for that! 💯 agree to what you've said. Changing habits would be the hardest, toughest to do at all! But, slowly transitioning hopefully after 2-3 years, I will love my body more! Thank you thank you so much! I want to add you as a friend but I can't, seems like you're private. Sending success to us! 🩵🩵🩵
  • ChauvineDarjuan
    ChauvineDarjuan Posts: 4 Member
    @TrishaAnn13 TYSM!!! 🩵🩵
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 20
    @springlering62
    Oh my! Thank you for that! 💯 agree to what you've said. Changing habits would be the hardest, toughest to do at all! But, slowly transitioning hopefully after 2-3 years, I will love my body more! Thank you thank you so much! I want to add you as a friend but I can't, seems like you're private. Sending success to us! 🩵🩵🩵

Screen shot attached. My profile shows private because you’re not yet a friend. The friend request is sort of hard to see. I sent you a friend request.

Sadly, other than sending me a PM, “friends” aren’t much use since they killed off the Neesfeed, which was the more “social media” aspect of the site. RIP, Newsfeed. I miss all my friends. 🥹

To add a friend, click profile of the person you wish to add, and then click profile again:
    6xifrdosq051.jpeg

They have to accept your request. There won’t be much to see although I think it will permit you to still access my diary and vice versa, which is helpful if someone needs their diary reviewed.

I keep my diary open because my husband is also on MfP. That way he can review my diary and copy and save dinner or our homemade ice creams to his own diary.