100+ lbs to lose & 1 year

Options
13»

Replies

• gokimmy4
    gokimmy4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started 2 days ago and also have over 100 lbls to lose. I would LOVE to have you guys add me also!
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to "add" you all . . . but don't know how to!! Help. I'm sure there are instructions somewhere but I know asking will be quicker than finding the answer!!!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130 . It's taken me almost a year to lose 50 . Have had some issues , Health scares & job loss have only gained 5 and lost 2.5 of those. So still pushing forward never looking back . I would love for anyone that wants to friend me to help keep me motivated .
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Working to lose 108 or so. Been here three weeks and already lost 13. Anybody in same boat, feel free to add me.
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for a few years now, and currently weigh 50 less than I did at my heaviest. I would still like to lose another 24lbs. I have found that I also struggle with keeping on track when life gets stressful. MFP is so helpful with that if you use it regularly. It is important to log in everyday, and to record EVERYTHING... even when you embarrassed about what you have eaten. There is support here, but people can help best when they have all the information. People here really do want to encourage each other to succeed!!

I am looking for new friends. struggling to lose 100+ lbs or more. (although I would love ANY new amazing friends! :O)

I am 6'1" and currently at 299 lbs.

I am officially kicking my butt into gear, as today is my 29th birthday and my original goal was to drop 125 lbs by my 30th birthday. I find I struggle a lot with motivating myself, and keeping myself from falling into old habits when i am feeling stressed or depressed. And I could really use the help keeping me afloat. i will in return do the same for you. MFP has been the greatest thing for me in the few short weeks that I have been around these boards, and already i am inspired by the people and the stories and i wish I would have done this a lot sooner.

Anyways, if you are searching for new friends..I am here! We CAN do this!
    <3
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My goal is 110. I started this diet with no guidance at the end of February. I was getting sick because I wasn't eating enough, so I found MFP. Initially I didn't have my own scale, I used one at work to get my initial weight. I bought one a few weeks later, so my first month or so is unknown in terms of what and how fast I lost. I just know that by the time I got my scaled I dropped 30 some odd pounds.

It appears I will do it in under a year, so long as I don't hit any more long plateaus. Here are some things I figured out and may help you:

1- Be 100% sure about the calorie content of what you are eating
    2-Log everything, I take a break once in a while on a cheat day, but completely expect it to disrupt progress
    3-Do something physical, even if it is just walking. Log it.
    4-Expect slow times. Do not get upset if you hit a period of slow loss. I have found that in the long term things end up pretty close to being on track.
    5-Allow occasional (not regular) "treats". Then go and work as much of it off as you can.

And a big one..I hate my current calorie allowance. On a typical day it means I wont be eating much. So I walk to add calories "to the bank". This allows me to eat a little more normally.
  • iLove_Lyfe
    iLove_Lyfe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with a small goal but the ultimate goal is 140 lbs. My biggest issue is I'm a snack junky! I love fruit so I really just need to turn to fresh fruits for my snacks!

My 30 day goal is NO CANDY! (YIKES) All fresh fruit (I'll settle for frozen if fresh is not available).

Also, I need to stop convincing myself that I'm too tired to work out after work! :yawn: That 1-2 hrs I spend on the couch can be used to be active!

30 day goal: Commit to 3 hour long walks/jogs weekly with stretching, body squats, and crunches after. :smile:
  • dozier512
    dozier512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started TODAY as well. I could use all the motivation and inspiration I can get. I have been on a life long roller coaster ride and I'm ready to get off now. One day at a time ....One pound at a time.
  • tarawarner22
    tarawarner22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position all of you are. I want to loose 100+ lbs. I lost 18.2 lbs in the first month and I am looking forward to working hard for more results!
  • SusaniiiP
    Options
    I have 140 lbs to lose, but know if I can get down in the 200s, I will be SOOOO HAPPY. I haven't seen that in many years! I am "new" at this, well... joined a year ago or so. I could also use some support, and would be happy to support back a million fold. We can do this, I know we can. Please add me to your profile if you would like, I would!!!
This discussion has been closed.