Weight loss

KhalilurRahman
KhalilurRahman Posts: 1 Member
edited August 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Dear All,

Greetings..!
Trust everyone doing great…!

This week I started doing Gym at Ilford, London. I’m focusing weight loss.

I have challenges to manage food 1770 cal. As Bangladeshi origin having difficulties to make menus within this number.

Hope some of you already managed. Appreciate if any of could share.

Regards
Khalil

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Yeah, well - our eating habits do have to change, regardless of where we live and/or what our cuisine.

Cut back on breads and oils, those are the biggest problems most likely. You may have to get involved in preparing your own meals.
  • duskyblue
    duskyblue Posts: 10 Member
    Good luck with your efforts!
    I think it takes time and some tinkering to find what foods you like and are accustomed to, but adjusted to suit your calories. I've found it's possible to reduce calories majorly in homemade curries and dhals by cutting the oil and either using a substitute for coconut milk or switching to a reduced fat version. I still eat rice too (just smaller amounts), with more vegetables in the main dish or on the side to make up the missing volume.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    +1 on limiting oil.
    Rice can add tons of unneeded calories as well. I limit rice to 1/2cup cooked per meal.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 23
    I don’t know if this would work for Bangladeshi cooking, but Ninja makes a terrific frying pan. You pre-heat it on medium for 4-5 minutes, and then crank the heat up. I can stir fry with it, “sautee” onions and garlic, and brown meats, all without using any oils.

It’s nonstick (without the forbidden chemicals) and cleans up easily.

I know it’s available in Europe because I sent one to my daughter, so presumably in the UK as well.

There’s also a device called Mr Misto that you fill with oil if your choice, and pump it by hand to spray. I can toss 3 grams on 2 pounds (slightly less than a kilo) fresh, prepared potatoes and stick them in an air fryer for fries that are actually better than restaurant style deep fried ones. So, French fries for the “cost” of a baked potato.

Other users here cook very elaborate low or no oil meals in air fryers.