Best app to organise recipes

Hello,

I'm looking for an app in which I'm able to import recipes from myfitnesspal so I can organise them in e.g. lunch, dinner, chicken, wraps etc. Right now, I create recipes beforehand just like I think I'm going to cook something, but as I'm busy cooking, I sometimes prefer having a little bit more of something or sometimes the packaging contains more. I duplicate my recipes so I have 1 with the 'normal' recipe and 1 with the edited recipe which I am able to edit and add to my diary every time I cook it.

I want the app to be able to do the same, so manually be able to change the grams. The app doesn't definitely have to be able to export all exact ingredients to mfp, just the calories would be enough.

Also, 2 quick questions:
1. When quick adding something, is there a way to change the name so I know what the added food is
2. If the product I want to add only has e.g. the option to be added as 1 serving, 1 cookie etc, is there any way to still change that to 100 grams?

Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    edited August 22 Answer ✓
    Hi @tijsberkers2006,

Right now we don't integrate with or support any outside applications that would allow you to import recipes or foods into MyFitnessPal.
    1. When quick adding something, is there a way to change the name so I know what the added food is
    Not at this time; best you could do at the moment is clarify what the Quick Add item is in your Notes at the bottom of your diary.
    If the product I want to add only has e.g. the option to be added as 1 serving, 1 cookie etc, is there any way to still change that to 100 grams?

Currently, the choices in the "Serving Size" area are limited to the options entered when the food item was created. If the MyFitnessPal team created the entry, the Serving Size field might contain multiple options, If another user entered the item there is typically only one choice.

However, by manipulating the "number of servings" value, you can log different serving sizes. So, if the serving size is 1 cup, and you use 3/4 of a cup, enter .75 as the number of servings. Some versions of our app may present the option to enter fractions, as well as decimals.

The serving size options will also include a single-unit option: for example, an item created with a 10 ounce serving size will also offer a 1-ounce serving size. It may be helpful to choose this single-unit option, and then use the number of servings as a multiplier.

If you are looking for a different serving size (for instance, ounces instead of grams), examine some of the other items in the search results. One or more may include your preferred unit of measurement. We are looking into adding a feature to convert serving size choices in future updates.

If you find you are constantly adjusting the number of servings on a particular item, you may prefer to save your adjusted item as a meal for easier reference.

We also offer the option of creating a new food item with the portion size you would like.

Answers

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    I do the 100g method, and I just multiply the size of the recipe so the total weight is in even hundreds. I then change the number of servings to match how may hundreds of grams the total weight is.

Its kind of annoying. I really wish MFP would include a 1g or 100g choice when the food has a weight record