Hi Everyone! New Here

Options
Hi, I just signed up. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow weight losers and especially hearing success stories, and how this forum helped with that.

Also, for those veterans here, how have you enjoyed the whole process? What were your longest plateaus? What was your favorite part and what was your least favorite?

Look forward to hearing all your stories. :)

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Here's my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TheEffort/view/fat-to-skinny-with-a-touch-of-psychosis-571278

Wishing you much success with your fitness goals. :smile:
  • bunnyphu
    Options
    Hi TheEffort,

My struggles are very similar to yours. I think part of the reason is genetics. My body favours fat over muscle. I also have to keep my calorie intake low in combination with a fitness routine if I want to maintain the results that I have.

Due to being a natural fatty, I decided that I wasn't even going to bother trying for a flat stomach. I would just be happy to look good in pants and pencil skirts again. So I achieved that goal and was satisfied with it. I also fell in love with my exercise program so I got pretty skinny, but still no flat belly, but it was all good. I got way farther than I expected to get.

HOWEVER, I may have stumbled upon something that flattened my belly, by accident. I began exfoliating my whole body with baking soda and vinegar, then dousing myself with lemon juice and coconut oil after to help with my insanely dry skin and attendant itching. It had the effective of keeping my lymphatic system moving and in three months my stomach was perfectly flat.

How is your new plan working out? Do you have buddies?
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi Bunny,

I struggle with consistency...consistently exercising and tracking my food. I'm working on it. MFP definitely helps; being active on MFP helps. There's always a group and challenge to participate in to keep you going. Best of luck to you!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have you as a friend! I have an open diary for friends only...anyone can add. =)

I've had so much fun losing weight over the last 16 months. I really think it has brought me out of my shell and has made me way more confident in my abilities. Also, I'm no longer suffering from PCOS, Insulin Resistance and Gluten Allergy.

My longest plateaus were usually 3 months long. The only thing that took me out of them was changing up my routine, diet and calorie intake.

My favorite part the last 16 months has been seeing what I'm capable of doing. I've seen my stamina, strength and my love for myself all increase. My least favorite part of losing weight has been trying to stay Gluten Free. It's been really frustrating to find foods and recipes that sticks to my low carb diet. But I'm getting there.

Can't wait to share your journey!