Lunch ideas

MrsA2907
MrsA2907 Posts: 23 Member
Hi, can anyone give me easy and filling lunch ideas please? Something that I can make up the night before?

Replies

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 301 Member
    Grilled chicken breast +/- salad.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 115 Member
    Salads and wraps are my go to items. I generally make them when I am putting g together salad and veggies for dinner. I use a variety of greens, peppers, carrots, celery and cucumbers. Adding in whatever other vegetables are in season and in my kitchen.

Foe protein, I'll use turkey or chicken in my wraps. I'll add those to my salad too, or hard boiled eggs and nuts. Usually add half a cup of cottage cheese in a separate container to make sure I hit my protein goal.
  • MrsA2907
    MrsA2907 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you @megd44 I've sickened myself of salad as I had them constantly but it might taste better in a wrap, going to give them a go
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 115 Member
    MrsA2907 wrote: »
    Thank you @megd44 I've sickened myself of salad as I had them constantly but it might taste better in a wrap, going to give them a go

I totally get that. I started to make it more like a chopped salad and am using as many other vegetables as I am greens. I also found when I blended the greens, things like kale/spring greens/shoots/leaf lettuces/romaine, I enjoy it a lot more. And with everything in season right now, it can't be beat.

As we head into the fall and winter (I am from northwestern Michigan) I will do more soups and chili, all home cooked. I'll make a couple huge pots on the weekend then portion it and freeze. I'll add greek yogurt or cottage cheese on the side if I need more protein. Good luck!!