I am trying to put on some pounds of muscle, what should I do.

I am a 15 year old 150 pound male at 5 foot 10. I want to put on some pounds of muscle but have no idea what type of exercises to do, what to eat, or if I should bulk. I no nothing about this area so any advice is helpful.

Answers

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,557 Member
    I’m afraid you won’t get many people responding as this site is designed to used by over 18s only. Probably partly for insurance / liability reasons, but also because you haven’t stopped growing yet, and your dietary requirements are different to adults.

Do you have a PE teacher you could speak to in The first instance?
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,774 Member
    Follow Jonni Shreve on YT. He won't tell you what exercises to do, but he'll show you how to properly do them.

Eat a calorie surplus to gain weight slowly. Get plenty of protein, close to 150g. Lift consistently week in week out for years. Stay natural for at least ten years, and preferably lifetime unless there's a specific reason not to such as professional competition.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    Some teenage males are able to put on muscle, some of us have to wait until later in life to see much results. I had my adult height by age 13, but I didn't get my broad shoulders and muscles until my early 20's.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    Definitely talk to a coach at school
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    Find a PE or lifting coach at school!