Weight and changing my life

Hi
I started my journey not to long ago June 10, 2024. 337 pounds 5' 5", and I'm 63 years old, next week I turn 64. I have lost 14 pounds. Started getting a little excited because I haven't put any back on. The yo-yo stuff has happened to me my whole life.
So I'm more determined this time to lose the weight live longer and healthier.

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,298 Member
    Alright! Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start :)

Welcome to MFP!

There are a lot of people here doing the same kinds of things, so don't be shy and join in the talk (or join a challenge advertised in the Challenge forum.)

I really understand struggling with yoyo's - i think getting involved with other people like here can help us push through the urges to quit and keep going :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Hello, and welcome!

14 pounds since mid-June sounds perfect. Keep up the great progress!

In my opinion, the most important thing is figuring out a personalized eating/activity plan that's pretty easy to stick with. I'm a fan of "lose weight relatively easily" rather than "lose weight fast". Finding new, sustainable, healthy habits can put a person on a path not only to lose the intended amount of weight, but also keep it off long term.

I'm 68, your same height, lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight at age 59-60, still at a healthy weight 8 years later. It's a huge quality of life improvement. I hope and believe you can get there, too.

I'm cheering for you to succeed: The results are worth the effort!