Can I add a setting for meal recipes that excludes beef and pork?

I have been a vegetarian my whole life, but need to increase protein so I am eating eggs, some fish and some chicken

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    How much protein are you trying to get, and how fast are you trying to lose weight? I found I could get at least close to 1g per pound of estimated lean body mass, which is in the range of 0.6-0.8g per pound of goal weight, on lower calories than I have any rational business eating, as an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

Don't get me wrong, if you prefer to start eating fish and chicken, that's totally fine. But it should be possible to get adequate protein with plant sources, eggs, and dairy. Honestly, I think I could do it fully plant-based, but I'd be eating more soy-centric meals than I prefer from a taste-preference standpoint.

I'm not sure where you're trying to filter recipes: MFP blog, web search, Community recipes topic, Community search, what? Since I don't know that, I don't know how to answer with any insight.

Generically, I don't know of any way to filter out beef/pork, but obviously you can simply search for recipes using fish, seafood (or specific types), eggs, tofu or whatever.

Best wishes!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    and sometimes you could just change the recipe form pork or beef to chicken - something like a stirfry recipe or mince recipe (ground beef to you I think?) could just be changed to chicken or chicken mince.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    If you're willing to eat it, shrimp has good protein.
    One thing I like to do- find a really tasty vegan meal and add a grilled salmon fillet to it.