New again

Jazz_2014
Jazz_2014 Posts: 150 Member
Hi to everyone! I'm joining with a weight loss of 62 lbs(started April 2023) AND a recent gain of 9lbs. I'm going the wrong direction and need to find what I'm doing wrong. I
lost most of the weight from simply removing prepackaged foods. Seriously, I have "assumed" I've been eating correctly. So here I am logging my meals and trying to educate myself on macro's and very soon work into a habit of exercise. For now, it's about food. The site is HUGE so I look forward to learning and finding new friends.

Replies

• cswartz66
    cswartz66 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Jazz, I lost 90 sounds doing Keto and gained 40+ back in about a year by not being careful. I recently started Keto again and I am not having great results, so frustrating.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi CS. Glad to hear you are back focused. Agree can be frustrating. I have a family member that does Keto, I think he called it dirty Keto. He had done well with it, notable weight loss. I am doing Mediterranean and actually surprised myself how much I like. Seasoning and fresh veggies. I'm curious do you know what was the turning point when you started gaining back the weight? I can pin my problem with a mixture of wanting to not prepare food (tired/lazy day) and stress wanting comfort food that has sugar mostly. I allowed myself that dessert and the scale didn't move. So then I allowed more (sigh). But hey, we both are catching it . . . thats what counts. 90lbs is alot of weight, so was my 62lbs. I also think in some ways I needed time to see/feel the new body. Let me know how you are doing.