Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just joined

Hello everyone I’m new here I’ve never been on a diet or done anything to change my bad habits but if anyone has any tips shoot me a message thanks 🙏

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    Same as above- my first advice is to document your starting point. Make small changes at a time.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,626 Member
    Don't try to lose weight fast.

Instead, try to lose weight as easily and pleasantly as possible: Eat food you enjoy (that is filling and adds up to reasonable calories on average). Move more in ways that are ideally fun, but are at least tolerable and practical - daily life movement as well as formal exercise.

Pick a sensibly moderate weight loss rate target, on the order of 0.5% of current weight per week, 1% at the maximum if severely obese (unless under close medical supervision for deficiencies or complications).

Weight loss isn't a quick project with an end date, at least not if a person wants to stay at a healthy weight long term. It's more about finding new, sustainable routine daily habits that can continue almost on autopilot when other parts of life get challenging . . . because they will.

Best wishes: The rewards are worth the effort!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 857 Member
    edited September 15
    Hello everyone I’m new here I’ve never been on a diet or done anything to change my bad habits but if anyone has any tips shoot me a message thanks 🙏

Just out of curiosity, but why? I’m shocked, amazed, bewildered, all the things. But that’s because I’ve been on a diet since I was 8-9. I finally stopped “dieting”, in the yo-yo sense of the word. Best thing I could have done for my body.

Treat this like you would treat maintenance, but with less calories. That will get the weight off and keep it off.

Wishing you luck.