Looking for friends - ladies who lift!

Options
Lifting has been the basis of my routine since December and I find I don't have as many female friends who lift on my list as I think I would like. I'd love to be able to encourage others in a similar boat and have more encouragement sometimes (most days I don't need it but sometimes, like today, my motivation lacks LOL). I am currently maintaining my weight after losing over 100lbs total, 60lbs from the day I started actually weighing in. Looking to start a bulk cycle sometime soon as well.

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I think my favorite place to be is in the gym lifting. Its hard sometimes to find similar friends that enjoy it as much as you do. We can all use a little extra support. Congrats on your awesome weight loss!! I have lost 80 lbs so far in the last 15 months and having a hella hard time with the last 10. ( i really need to clean up my food act). Ive made great strides and i will never give up. Please feel free to add me if you like.

Love your ticker too!
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i just started a month ago, but already seeing some great progress. feel free to add me.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    Added you both. Thanks for commenting! :)
  • alecrisnik
    Options
    Hi there,
    Where do you work out at?
    I started lifting as well and I have noticed a difference and its true not many do this.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I prefer to lift :) Feel free to add me if you want
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've recently started a lifting routine after sticking to mostly cardio for the last few months. I am excited for this new change and am starting to read The New Rules of Lifting For Women. Feel free to add me! I also could use more friends that lift.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me! I love lifting. :-)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! That's amazing!

I've been lifting since May and I love it. I love the results, too! :bigsmile: I will be starting Stage 4 of NROL4W on Monday. Feel free to add me.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I started to really get into lifting about 2 months ago (though I used to do it here and there) and I’m in love. It’s crazy to see how far I’ve come in such a short period of time. I’m always looking for new friends. Feel free to add!
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a while now and I totally love it!! =) Feel free to add me!! :)
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I start Lifting this coming week. Would love some friends who already lift for encouragement! feel free to add me!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting since the beginning of June ..I love it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    <---- Fellow lifter here :)
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I lift at least twice a week. Need to work on my eating and cardio so my results show. I feel strong, I just don't look it yet. Please add me as well as I love having the support!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I enjoy weight lifting so much better than cardio! I do a variation of Stronglifts 5x5. Would love fellow lifting friends as well, feel free to send me an add. :)
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    Congrats on your transformation!!! WOWZA!!!

I lift almost every day. I can't imagine life without resistance!!! Any lady lifters can add me...
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I started lifting in January and it has been great -I'm definitely stronger and more toned. My next frontier is understanding and committing to the nutrition side of things so that I can lose fat and show off all the nice muscle I'm gaining! :)
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started lifting in January and absolutely love it! It's hard to talk about outside of here though as most of my friends are cardio junkies and don't understand my passion... Feel free to add me!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You may want to peruse the Eat, Train, Progress group for potential lifting friends. Great info there as well.

There are also groups for women doing Stronglifts 5x5 and NROL4W.

I've been lifting 3 days a week since February of this year.