Ready for a change!!

Options
Hi all. I'm ready for a life change. I've been big all my life but over the last few years, due to health reasons and a bit of laziness, it's gotten bad and at my heaviest I was almost 300 lbs. I've started making some positive changes and I hope this site it one of them. I've been on here about a week and lost 2 pounds so far. My final goal is a big one but I don't focus on that number or it makes my goal daunting and feel out of reach. . . so my only goal I focus on is the middle number of my weight changing.
I have a wonderful man in my life and supportive friends. . . but can always, always use extra encouragement as I begin this life change. So, if anyone has great ideas, helpful hints, anything that can keep me focus and motivated. . . I'll soak it all in!
Thanks,
Lee

Replies

• Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    You can do it!! Hit me up if you need a friend :)
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thats great. I know the feeling I got up over 300 and dont know how i got there. Something clicks inside you and you realize there has to be a change and when that happens you will absoluelty lose the weight. I am down 23 pounds already and it came off 2 at a time so keep it up.
  • KellieMcMurdy
    KellieMcMurdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did hit the 255 lb mark and I knew I had to do something ... if you need a friend please feel free to look me up, not sure how much help I'll be but I can try :)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello Lee, welcome to a great site
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi there. I too hit this mark about 5 months ago...I was 220lbs and needed to change! I have since lost 29lbs (All thanks to this site and friends I have made along the way). You can do this! Send me a friend request!

Welcome and Good Luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I understand. My epiphany of realizing I was too big was when my Husband came home one day and flat out told me I was fat. It was hard to take, and it cause some pain, but this sight, along with better food choices has helped me lost 9 lbs. so far. It is a wonderful tool. It has never helped that I am a caterer and I have to fix and try food all the time. It was my fault I got this way though.
    So if you need a friend, some encouragement, or just some good low fat/low cal recipes I can help you.
    Good luck on your journey!:bigsmile:
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

If you need encouragement and support, this site is a great place! Just sign in everyday. That's it. You get caught up in other peoples stories and how you can relate to things that even the tiny people just trying to lose 5 lbs are going through.

Use the tools, they really work. Read the message boards, they are inspiring. Most of all, be involved and you will not only be encouraged, but get the chance to encourage others.

Wow......am I a spokesperson or what?

He he
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Use this site to stay focused on the commitment that you feel right now -- there are so many people here who want to encourage you! You CAN do it!!
  • hannatrip
    hannatrip Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this site also....you can do it!! Im going to use this site everyday to stay focused....If you like add me as a friend!!