Increase My Protein Settings- Help Please

Donnam1323
Donnam1323 Posts: 1 Member
Day one and I am looking around at every thing. Is there a way to increase the protein on my setting/goals for the day? I feel the amount it is giving me is too low and I want to increase it. Or does it matter if I go over?

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    It's fine if you go over. But you can reset it in the Goals section.

If you're using free MFP, you can only reset macros as a percent of calories, and in 5% increments.

How much protein are you aiming for, for what goal bodyweight? Also, if your protein goal is too low, be careful you're not trying to lose weight super aggressively fast by cutting calories too low. 2 pounds/1 kilo per week isn't appropriate for everyone. Adequate calories are the foundation of nutrition.

If you need more details about how to reset, please say whether you're using web browser MFP, or the phone/tablet app (Apple or Android). I'd be happy to help with more details.

Best wishes!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    edited September 2
    I'm having the same problem, I'm on free MFP and I forgot how to adjust my macros. I want to go from 35 percent protein to 40 percent. Please help!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    lisakatz2 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, I'm on free MFP and I forgot how to adjust my macros. I want to go from 35 percent protein to 40 percent. Please help!

@lisakatz2, was the comment above not enough info? If it wasn't, that's fine . . . but please say what version of MFP you're using (web browser, Android app, Apple app). I can do screen grabs to show details, but I'd prefer not to do that for multiple versions if I can avoid it. Thanks!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 507 Member
    edited September 2
    I figured it out, thanks!