Example of your meal plan/diary - ~1700kcal, high protein - please share!

I know that more time and effort put into meal planning is going to be key for me to get where I want to go - but I'm feeling very aimless right now lol! Lunches and dinners in particular.

My target is around 1700kcal/day, and I do best/feel the most satiated on a higher protein/fat, lower carb (around or less than 100-150 net carbs). I've eaten this way in the past and done well on it, but it did take some planning or meals got boring and repetitive, which leads to not wanting what I have, and it's a rapid and slippery slope from there.

I can handle measuring, weighing, and adjusting my actual daily calories.

Just looking for examples and ideas of people's weekly meal plans/diaries and what they made/ate if they are on a similar diet. Calories can obviously vary as it's not hard to eat a little more or less - food ideas for more than a singular meal is my goal - even more of a win if one "cooking" session leaves extras that are utilized for another meal.

I'm not a big fan of meal prepping - honestly I just don't have those kinds of hunks of time, plus, I like way too much variety. I get bored with food very quickly! Eating the same thing day in and out just won't happen and is definitely nothing I could sustain.

I've had successful snacks in the past, so that's easier, but meals are tougher.

Replies

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 301 Member
    I've been targeting 1800 net cals daily for the past 3 months divided into 3 daily meals, not a snacker. I pick a protein of 400-600 cals per meal - steak, ground beef, chicken, pork, turkey, seafood and build a salad around it, sometimes add eggs, cheese. I grill most things, do stews once in a while. Not boring.

Example:
    Breakfast today was two 4-ounce burger patties 80/20 grilled and topped with cheese on top of a lettuce and tomato salad with vinegar and salt as a dressing.

Lunch was 8 ounces of grilled skinless chicken breast on top of a similar salad with same dressing.

Dinner will be 3 links of grilled turkey sausage and 2 eggs.

If I want more calories, I simply make a protein powder + water + ice shake.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    I don't like grains.
    i often bake a loaf of cottage cheese bread or a batch of egg white wraps for quick sandwiches.
    In the winter I cook vegetable soup. One night with leftover chicken chopped up in a bowl. Next night, with sausage poured over a baked potato. Next night add ground beef and Mexican spices. Shredded cheese on top? Would be good with canned biscuits on top for pot pie, if you like canned biscuits.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 694 Member
    I usually stay under my limit of 1880 per day. I do eat three meals and several snacks. Lately, I've been eating more sweets than usual, and have eaten at restaurants with family more than usual in the last couple of weeks as well. If you'd like to check out my diary, you might have to add me as a friend. It may be public, but not sure. I don't remember. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need to do that to see my diary.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Great ideas so far, I'll have to look into some of the bread alternatives - I'm not big on baked goods in general, but sometimes it's handy to have them (I have to freeze bread if I buy it though because I don't come close to eating it in time, and I get the Dave's thin sliced, so it's not cheap).
    @iradi8 sent a friend request, ideas are always appreciated!