driving to work in the office is dangerous

I went about 380 calories over today - starbuck, ancestral chicken pie, snacks

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,486 Member
    If you want to make progress, acknowledge your food choices are dangerous, not working in the office. Good luck.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,154 Member
    edited September 5
    Adopt a more European philosophy when driving, they basically don't eat food in their vehicles. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    380 calories over goal?

Yeah, if you didn't want to do this, didn't feel it was worth it after the fact, figure out how to avoid a future repeat, then log it and let it go.

If you're set up to lose a pound a week, you have an estimated daily deficit of 500 calories. (Half a kilo per week, 550 calories.)

Today, with that overage, assuming all logging and estimates are accurate, your deficit was 500 minus 380, or 120 calories. If your deficit had been 500 calories, you would've anticipated losing roughly 0.143 pounds of fat. With a 120 calorie deficit, you'd still anticipate losing fat, but only 0.034 pounds.

How important is losing 0.109 pounds slower on one day?

I'd say, log it, change your plans if necessary for the future, let it go. Don't try to "make up for it". Just stay focused on finding new habits that serve you well. It'll be fine.

Best wishes!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Adopt a more European philosophy when driving, they basically don't eat food in their vehicles. :)

Yes! I’d never consider driving and eating. I eat at home or stop somewhere to have a bite of something I brought along.