Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Waking up to 2900+ exercise calories?

2»

Answers

• reddherrings
    reddherrings Posts: 3 Member
    This glitch has made MFP almost useless for me. I exercise early in the morning, but even before I step out the door I have 2k calories to burn THEN I work out and have even more. I plan my meals by going off how I moved for the day- if it’s this inaccurate I have not a whole lot to go on. I’m beyond frustrated. I’ve been tracking and hoping the problem would get fixed… but I’m hitting my limit.
  • bosiow
    bosiow Posts: 1 Member
    Having the same problem. Restarted the Fitbit and reinstalled both apps. MFP said it was a Fitbit problem but if i look at the calories listed in my Fitbit app they’re correct. I’ve always loved MFP but not willing to pay for an app that doesn’t work. Anyone find an app with similar features that they like?
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 195 Member
    This glitch has made MFP almost useless for me. I exercise early in the morning, but even before I step out the door I have 2k calories to burn THEN I work out and have even more. I plan my meals by going off how I moved for the day- if it’s this inaccurate I have not a whole lot to go on. I’m beyond frustrated. I’ve been tracking and hoping the problem would get fixed… but I’m hitting my limit.

I'm quick adding the same sum as the extra exercise calories to get a better idea of where i am. Not perfect but works until the bug is fixed
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,690 Member
    bosiow wrote: »
    Having the same problem. Restarted the Fitbit and reinstalled both apps. MFP said it was a Fitbit problem but if i look at the calories listed in my Fitbit app they’re correct. I’ve always loved MFP but not willing to pay for an app that doesn’t work. Anyone find an app with similar features that they like?

Fitbit themselves have said the problem is on their side (I saw a link in one of the topics about this issue linking to a message from Fitbit).
  • Chihuahua_Momma_
    Chihuahua_Momma_ Posts: 6 Member
    I’m done with FitBit now. I bought a Garmin Viviomove Trend. I’ve been a customer of FitBit for 7 years, spent lots of money on multiple watches and their app. This problem of adding calories has me fed up. My health monitoring is too important to me and I want accurate numbers. Good bye FitBit. You should have fixed this problem sooner bc now you’ve lost a loyal customer.
  • RobinPollard1
    RobinPollard1 Posts: 5 Member
    Same issue,but going on for the last couple of weeks - I hate this and think it is fitbit doing it.
  • aboutthatstory
    aboutthatstory Posts: 3 Member
    Is it me or is finally fixed? I woke up to no extra calories and was so relieved!
  • kfmangels
    kfmangels Posts: 1,185 Member
    It still doesn't seem right, on MFP it's giving me a negative calorie burn for Fitbit, so even though I burned 119 calories for my workout it's only saying I burned 62 calories. Can we fix this please? It has gone from one extreme to the other!