Ladies 40+? Let’s connect!

Hello 🌟! I’m a working mom on a journey to shed 15 lbs, and I’m excited to connect with like-minded women 40+ who are ready to support each other! 💪✨

Finding the right balance between business meetings and business trips, family, and self-care is a huge challenge, and I know I’m not alone in this;)) I’m looking for some amazing ladies who are motivated, positive, and ready to cheer each other on! Together, we can conquer those tough days and celebrate our victories – big or small! 🎉

If you’re looking for a friend to share tips on nutrition or sport, recipes, and motivation with, let’s connect! 💖

Replies

• Passionateseeker
    Passionateseeker Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm 45, and in the past year my weight has crept up one. Over the summer my family took a wonderful cruise, but I came back it seems nearly 6 lbs heavier! My work has me sitting alot, and I do deal with some chronic pain. I'm petite, and so while no one would say I'm overweight, my clothes are not fitting, and I don't feel as healthy and energetic as I would like. I love yoga, strength training, zumba, group fitness classes, swimming, kayaking And walking in nature, as well as theatre. I'm blessed with a partner and 2 children.
  • NextChapter_Mon
    NextChapter_Mon Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'm 45 and feel like I've lost control of my body. I've gained 15.5 pounds in the last two years.

My kids are grown up now, so I have no excuse. Except for the fact that I'm perimenopausal and life has new challenges.

As for my profile, I've added a photo of me in 2020 when I felt (and looked) my best to motivate myself.

I believe in making small changes and creating new habits. Taking one day at a time and being kind to myself.

Let's connect and support each other through this journey. There's nothing more motivating than someone going through a similar journey. <3

• iteskath
    iteskath Posts: 2 Member
    Yes please!! I also feel like I’ve totally lost control of my body- it’s like I don’t recognize it. A switch flipped when I turned 40 and I’ve gained 20lbs in the last two years.

I’d love some frequent accountability for logging my food and paying closer attention to what I eat.
    I’m new to MFP community- what’s the best way to connect?
  • enchantedrose7994
    enchantedrose7994 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, everyone! I'm 45 and feeling like I'm out of control with weight gain as well as my A1C. I'm looking for someone to hold me accountable for getting off my fat @$$ at least 5 days a week to exercise. I really need to get my A1C down as well. I see my endocrinologist next Monday. I'm currently on Ozempic and taking a pill to get it down.