Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit mess-up - any update?

Come on MFP! What’s happening with Fitbit feeds? That’s a week now that it’s had to be disconnected due to wildly wrong calorie totals being posted, and it’s completely wrecking accurate exercise tracking - and therefore our all-important calorie budgets.

Appreciate it’s on Fitbit’s side but your customers are getting desperate and it’s clearly affecting your brand - what’s happening?
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Here in this part of the Community, you're only communicating with other MFP users with no more power or insight than you have yourself. The MFP staff doesn't read every post here; that would be impossible and kind of pointless.

MFP has posted information on the Troubleshooting page in the help section about where to go on Fitbit's site to get information:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners
  • BlueberryRipple
    BlueberryRipple Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks and I’ve seen that. I would hope that a responsible company would at least skim the main forums (in fact I know they do - it’s their key source of real-time customer insight). And I’d hope they’d be a just little bit more proactive about updating us on a critical fault like this one, wouldn’t you?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    Thanks and I’ve seen that. I would hope that a responsible company would at least skim the main forums (in fact I know they do - it’s their key source of real-time customer insight). And I’d hope they’d be a just little bit more proactive about updating us on a critical fault like this one, wouldn’t you?

Since it appears to be a Fitbit issue . . . no, I don't expect them to update us further on something they don't know anything about except what Fitbit tells them.

And I think it would be a waste of their time to read posts here, other than in areas like feature requests and technical support (which they do).

They've given us multiple ways to contact the tech team or the Community support staff. If I want their attention, I use those.
  • BernieHeff
    BernieHeff Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve been trying for over a week to get answers. They say it’s a Fitbit issue but the calories are correct on the Fitbit app. This is just so frustrating.
  • djary818
    djary818 Posts: 1 Member
    I thought there was something wrong with my MFP link to FitBit as the calories are suddenly wildly wrong, but it appears others are seeing the same issue also. I’ve only done 1200 steps so far today but have been given an additional 882 calories to use. Very frustrating issue
  • DebbieCPRPrn
    DebbieCPRPrn Posts: 1 Member
    I have to agree that it's very frustrating to have been tracking data and progress, or lack thereof, for an extended period of time and now everything is skewed. Encouraging though, that they are at least aware, so I'm sure they are working on it. I just didn't expect it to take this long. In the meantime, I'll just rely on years of experience and my own body, and keep doing what I know is right.