How Fast did you lose?

Options
I started This "diet" thing 4 days ago. Ive went from 171 to 168, but strangly im back to 169. Im not sure how thats possible, but it happened! haha. Anyways i was wondering how long it took you to lose weight? and did you lose inchs before weight?

Replies

• gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a little over a month now and I dropped 8 pounds right away. Then I lost 2 more pounds and kinda hit a plateau. But I am losing inches because I'm working out religiously. I think it's normal to lose a good chunk of weight right away because you go from eating way more than you should to eating less than you're BMR. Then, once your body gets used to it, the weight loss will even out.

Good for you for deciding to make a change! Just stick with it and the weight will come off.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It took me a year half heartly dieting on and off to get the first 30lbs and the last 20 or so has been since may when I joined the gym, I try to average 2lbs a week
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    don't weigh your self too much, it's not as accuarate as you think.

when I first started, I weighed myself every 6 weeks (also would change my exersise routine every 6 weeks) I did body weight, Body fat % (which to me is the true telling of how much your losing)

took me 6 months to lose 20 lbs, then 6 more to lose another 30 ... has taken 6 years to maintain. Regular exersise for the first year, 7 - 14 hours a week... Not easy! But Fun!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I would avoid weighing yourself more than once a week. And always ALWAYS weigh at the same time of day. Mornings are best. I would also, as a woman, avoid weighing around that time of the month. Our bodies fluctuate water weight all day everyday but it is more so around that time. One day I weighed 143 and the next 147. Same scale, calibrated at a hospital so I know it was not off or defective. I had eaten a huge dinner the night before. So just know that you can definitely have a misguiding number if you are constantly weighing yourself. Dependent on your starting weight you could start losing quickly or slowly like me because I do not have much to burn off. Good luck yo you!!!!
  • meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds the first week, and then 2 pounds for the next 2-3 weeks. After that, I hit a plateau and now I'm losing about a pound a week. I would love to lose 2 pounds a week, but slower is better in the long run.
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    Options
    When I was calorie counting I lost 15lbs in 2 months. After seeing a bariatric doctor, he changed my diet and I've lost 8lbs in 5 days so far. I don't anticipate that rapid loss to last but it was nice to have :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    It took me seven months to lose 26 pounds. The last five months, I've gone down another 3 pounds.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 1/2 months to lose 17 lbs and then hit a plateau, then about 3 weeks to lose the next 2 lbs.
  • katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about going up a pound, since there are so many things that can affect your weight. I have in the past weighed myself before and after a meal and I have gone up by 3 lbs! Like others have said, try not to weigh yourself too much or you'll become too focused on the number. I admit that I usually weigh myself every day to every other day, but I don't stress too much about a little fluctuation. Inches would probably be more consistent since you won't gain an inch just by eating a meal :)
  • mocosa74
    mocosa74 Posts: 42
    Options
    It took me 10 mo ntsh to lose 50 lbs, with watching what I eat, and doing walking on a regular basis. This is not working for me now....since having baby #4...but what little I am losing, is better than gaining!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    3 months to lose 8 pounds.
    I have a thyroid disease, so that slows down the loss.
    Hoping to lose another 10-15 in the next 3 months, though. Going to try and change things up a bit.