Is it rapid?

adeljavan4006
adeljavan4006 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 9 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost 19.2 in 58 days. I am 5.5 and was 200 pounds when I started to lose weight. I get 1580 Cal in a day, go to the gym three days a week, and walk 6000 steps daily.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited September 10
    Great job, @adeljavan4006 !!! Stop a moment, reflect, and congratulate yourself!

I started at 220+ and averaged 10 a month for the first four months. You’re fine, and you’re eating.

Just make sure to fuel your activity. As I lost, i became much more active and went from 1470 to 1700 to 2100 a day to fuel, and still lost weight.

However, do expect the rate of loss to taper, fairly hard, as you get closer to goal. It can be frustrating to be bopping along at ten a month and suddenly it’s five, then three, then two.

Just carry on. Any loss is good loss- as long as you’re also learning new habits you can continue into maintenance.

I will never stop counting (to my horror right now, while we’re traveling, lol. Husband and i are both looking forward to salads, peanut butter sandwiches, and cottage cheese, if you can beleive it. It’s amazing how your tastes and needs change when you become more mindful, although the break has been fantastic even if the numbers haven’t been. 😇)
  • Tiffany083
    Tiffany083 Posts: 32 Member
    Congratulations for your path of being healthier!

When first losing weight it's normal to drop the pounds. What gets a lot of people frustrated is when you hit the plateaus and you don't really lose more than a couple pounds in a month. Your body will keep changing as long as you don't get frustrated when you don't lose the weight as quickly as other months.

I was for years 200 lbs or more for years. I'm 5'3". I had breast cancer a few years ago and got up to 264 lbs once I was done with chemotherapy. It terrified me and today I weigh 145 lbs. I was 138 lbs in July and due to medications I gained weight. It's a challenge and when I saw my weight going back up I knew it was only temporary and I can fix this.

Some months your body does what you want it to do. Other months it's a daily struggle. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,774 Member
    It sounds like what you're doing is ideal, assuming that 3x at the gym includes working hard to near failure with progressive overload, and you're getting at least 0.8g per pound protein.

For future reference, don't count the first weeks weight loss when looking to compute average weekly loss, since week one includes a lot of water weight lost. So assuming a few pounds of water in week one, you're averaging about 2 pounds per week which is fine.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Yes it's rapid! Well done! Take care of your body. The real goal isn't rapid weight loss. The REAL goal is a long healthy happy life. Eye on the goal.