New member - NE Kansas

mdevries
mdevries Posts: 1 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! My name is Margretta, and I am (obviously) new here.

I really like the looks of this website to keep track of my goals, progress, and daily ups and downs to weight loss. I'm excited that it is about FITNESS, which is the approach I am using for my weight loss goals.

I currently weigh in at 285, the most I've ever weight in my life. I started to get motivated early in 2009, when I started swimming laps at the pool. From January - November, I made huge progress from being tired after a very slow 15 minutes of swimming to being able to swim for an hour without getting tired.

I got sidetracked during a vacation in November, and didn't get back to the pool until sometime in March (stupid!). Since then, I haven't done as well at making sure I get to the pool 4-5 times per week, but I have managed 1-3 lap swims most weeks. That's more due to work constraints, since I usually swim (for free) at a pool only a few minutes from where I work during my lunch hour.

In the meantime, it's become really obvious that I need to do MORE than just swimming, if I want to really lose weight. I've decided to use the idea of training for a triathlon as my basis for variety, and a bigger goal for next summer (July 2011). For the past week, I've been working on that fitness plan, as well as a healthy eating plan, and my hard start date is this weekend.

Looking forward to using the tools here to keep that all going!

M

Replies

This discussion has been closed.