Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nailed Breakfast and Lunch BUT!🤣

This morning, like always, I told myself, "Yesterday's gone, today's a new start. I nailed breakfast and lunch, feeling confident, but when evening came, I slipped off track again. It's frustrating every day feels like a cycle of trying and failing, and I'm tired of yo-yo dieting.

I don't know why I keep losing motivation. I've succeeded before, getting down to a 165 lbs. So why is it so hard now? I'm starting to see it's not just about willpower; something deeper is triggering these evening slip-ups. It's time to stop beating myself up, and start figuring it out, one step at a time. Anybody else experience this?

Replies

• jimjams14
    jimjams14 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m the same, it’s very frustrating. Evenings are my danger zone. I know exactly what I need to do but have trouble doing it.
    That said, I am also trying to get out of the habit of using a bad day/week as a reason to give up. I suspect THAT is actually the reason nothing seems to change over time. Harder than it sounds though.
    Pre-planning meals helps so it’s clear how many calories are left for snacks. Instead of completely going cold turkey on evening snacks, I try to pre-plan something I enjoy within my calories.
    I agree though - it feels like a deeper problem for me too. I’m not hungry but feel compelled to eat. I’m probably bored but too tired to do anything interesting. I’m more tired because I’m overweight. It’s all part of the same problem.
    You’re not alone!