Adding Steps

Hello, I'm new to myfitnesspal. Is there a way to manually add steps? I tried turning on the iPhone steps feature but I rarely carry my phone with me so it was not an accurate count. I use the Keep Health App with the wristband step-counter, but unfortunately that app is not compatible with myfitnesspal.

Answers

• TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 101 Member
    Some steps are already included in your activity level.

The following pedometer indices have been developed to provide a guideline on steps and activity levels: Sedentary is less than 5,000 steps per day Low active is 5,000 to 7,499 steps per day Somewhat active is 7,500 to 9,999 steps per day Active is more than 10,000 steps per day Highly active is more than 12,500

You have a few options: changing your activity level, logging additional steps as cardio exercise (pick a slow MPH) or using the notes if you just want to track steps without changing calories.
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 102 Member
    TracyL963 wrote: »
    Some steps are already included in your activity level.

The following pedometer indices have been developed to provide a guideline on steps and activity levels: Sedentary is less than 5,000 steps per day Low active is 5,000 to 7,499 steps per day Somewhat active is 7,500 to 9,999 steps per day Active is more than 10,000 steps per day Highly active is more than 12,500

You have a few options: changing your activity level, logging additional steps as cardio exercise (pick a slow MPH) or using the notes if you just want to track steps without changing calories.

Thank you for posting this. I use a pedometer to track my steps and could not find what would be already included at sedentary and what would be bonus