Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Negative Calorie Adjustment smoothing

I find that I get very erratic numbers with the negative Calorie adjustment enabled.
I will get large positive adjustments in the morning and then after10:30PM, often, I get huge negative swings, making my Calorie proposed consumption lower than actual. At that point there is nothing I could do since I have already eaten.
Last night it said add 380 Calories. 30 minutes later it said reduce 950 calories - a huge swing. This morning it says reduce 440 calories yesterday
Some sort of data smoothing seems to be in order.
Maybe a box to tick - workout day? - you check it and the app knows to add. you don't check it and the app knows to reduce. In either case, historical data should be used to dampen the adjustment swings.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 806 MFP Staff
    Apologies for any issues you're experiencing with your calorie adjustment. Please email our Support Team at support@myfitnesspal.com, so we can take a closer look. Thanks!