We've lost a third person from our marriage

Options

Replies

• jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My brother has lost 172 pounds and his wife lost over 40. I've been staying at their house and have lost 71. :happy:
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic for you and your husband. I think when you have the support and encouragement of the other people in your house it makes it a lot easier!!
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I got to thinking this morning and between my husband and myself we've lost about 160 pounds from our highest weights. That is a whole grown person. And let me tell you that b**** was a freeloader. By the time we get to goal it will be another whole person. It will be nice to have only two people in our marriage.

So far I've lost 101 and he has lost 62.

Anyone else doing this with their spouse and being successful together?

I've lost 85 and my wife has lost .. um .. 70? I dont know. I have ZERO clue what her weight was when we started. Nor did I ask ... (I can only imagine my half of the conversation; "so hey babe, uhhhh exactly how much *do* you weigh ... no, no. I still enjoy sex and wish to continue having it ... but my arm's TIRED, babe ... ")

It's been easier when we can cook together, eat together, run together (but we do not tend to lift together ... )

Next conversation: "so now that we've lost a person, should we consider adding one back in??"

Wish me luck.

Lmbo! As long as you say "Just kidding. Go make me a sammich"
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I've lost 129 pounds with diet and exercise (took me about a year and a half). My husband's lost 184 pounds between diet, exercise, and WLS (in less than a year!!). Between us, we've lost 313 pounds. That can't be right. I can hardly wrap my mind around a number that big. We've lost more between us than my starting weight was!! I love that we've done this together, and that even though we took different paths, we're healthier and happier, and setting a good example to our child. I would have done it with or without his support, even though he always supported me. I also think, once he saw me having good success, it inspired him to go after his goals for himself as well. I'm maintaining and he's still losing, but we are now and will always be in it together, as a team. :heart:
  • heather_hearts_travel
    Options
    I've lost 44 and he's down 26. 70 together - woo hoo! I still have a long way to go (he is a lot closer to his goal than I am), but it is so great that he (and a few others of our friends!) are working on this together. :smile:
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My mom and I also lost 160 pounds combined and often joked about losing a whole person as well! :) Congrats! I know it feels great!
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I love spouses supporting eachother!

We have lost about 200 lbs together.

BradandI_zps62fd77c4.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I got to thinking this morning and between my husband and myself we've lost about 160 pounds from our highest weights. That is a whole grown person. And let me tell you that b**** was a freeloader. By the time we get to goal it will be another whole person. It will be nice to have only two people in our marriage.

I've lost 85 and my wife has lost .. um .. 70? I dont know. I have ZERO clue what her weight was when we started. Nor did I ask ... (I can only imagine my half of the conversation; "so hey babe, uhhhh exactly how much *do* you weigh ... no, no. I still enjoy sex and wish to continue having it ... but my arm's TIRED, babe ... ")

It's been easier when we can cook together, eat together, run together (but we do not tend to lift together ... )

Next conversation: "so now that we've lost a person, should we consider adding one back in??"

Wish me luck.

Lmbo! As long as you say "Just kidding. Go make me a sammich"

tumblr_medtqnYqin1r7fgjoo1_500.jpg
  • jaecamp1
    Options
    I've lost 129 pounds with diet and exercise (took me about a year and a half). My husband's lost 184 pounds between diet, exercise, and WLS (in less than a year!!). Between us, we've lost 313 pounds. That can't be right. I can hardly wrap my mind around a number that big. We've lost more between us than my starting weight was!! I love that we've done this together, and that even though we took different paths, we're healthier and happier, and setting a good example to our child. I would have done it with or without his support, even though he always supported me. I also think, once he saw me having good success, it inspired him to go after his goals for himself as well. I'm maintaining and he's still losing, but we are now and will always be in it together, as a team. :heart:

WOW!!!!! That insane! Contests to you both!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Wish me luck.
    hmm- thinking that I should somehow twist this into some sort of motivation for my hubby. :wink:
  • morschjodo
    morschjodo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am envious! My husband supports me to a point. He doesn't have much weight to lose but he could definitely lose some body fat (the beer belly that he got without ever drinking) and show some muscle definition again! Hubby would rather play video games or watch football than workout with me :(
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    hmm- thinking that I should somehow twist this into some sort of motivation for my hubby. :wink:
    your hubby: I envy him. If it works, feel free to share your motivation techniques with my wife!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My husband is working to lose about 10 lbs or so and walks with me all the time. I have about another 40 lbs to lose after losing a little over 63 lbs. It is great doing this together, plus he's a chef so healthier meals haven't been too much of a problem (or portion sizes).
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

Wish me luck.

Me too, we could add two more people back! :smokin:
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My husband is not really doing this with me but he has lost 20 lbs by default..........I do most of the cooking during the week :wink:
  • jaecamp1
    Options

Wish me luck.

Me too, we could add two more people back! :smokin:

This is getting all crazy now. Lol. My husband is going to try and convince me this was my idea.
  • jaecamp1
    Options
    My husband is not really doing this with me but he has lost 20 lbs by default..........I do most of the cooking during the week :wink:

Healthy by default. Love it.

My husband usually does the cooking when we get to eat together so he actually prepares mine differently (no oils, sauces etc) because he gets allotted almost 2000 more calories a day than I do.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Me and the hubby did a diet together in 2002 and were successful, then we fell back into the old routine :( Fast forward to December 2012 when I jumped back on the wagon and picked him up along the way. It's so awesome to do this together and support each other. No need to explain the strange grocery lists and obsession with logging everything that I eat and I am happy I had someone to cheer me on when I started Couch to 5K and who is now my partner in crime when I am lifting at the gym and running races (with him of course)!

Here is a before and after, I hope the picture will show up ok:
    284b31a9-5420-4493-96df-7f4338131374_zps8b73c94c.jpg
  • DaveS_63
    Options
    NO.....
  • jaecamp1
    Options
    I'm loving these couple pics! I think the hubby would kill me if I posted a pic of him quite yet. Lol. I cant wait for our next family photos now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!