Most annoying said by someone who is trying to lose weight.

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "Oh, I only come here for the salads since I am on a diet, pizza is bad for you, do you know that."

This was said to me by a snooty haughty "friend" who has weight problems like I do. I agreed that it's not healthy but I ate just one, and stayed in my calories, fat and sodium budget. I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks while I enjoy a slice a couple times a week, I know what I am doing.

Meanwhile, the snooty friend proceeded to eat her salad that was SMOTHERED IN DRESSING, and she even put EXTRA dressing on it. But somehow she can't have ONE slice of pizza because she's on a "diet."

I am no expert at this weightloss thing, but I am not stupid enough to criticize someone for eating a slice of pizza while eating a "salad" covered in dressing. I think if you can't see the lettuce you have serious problems. If you're going to be the food police your food should be perfect. Just writing this made my blood boil.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    wildlycurly - I agree with you! That frosts my cake too! I eat pizza regularly in moderation, of course, and avoid sloppy salads like the plague and lose 2 lbs a week on average. I get soooooo frustrated when "friends" try and lecture me on what I "should" be eating!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine commented on my weight loss yesterday. She asked how I did it. I told her that I eat what I want (within reason) and go to the gym 5-6 days a week. Cardio and strength training. She just looked at me. Literally gave me the same look as this smiley: :indifferent:

I asked her if she had a plan to start eating better and exercising. She said that her and another co-worker were going on this clense.

Their "magic" drink: 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, a dash of cayenne pepper and 8 oz of very (they were adament about VERY) cold water. Mix together and drink every time you are hungry. As long as you drink 8 of these a day, you will hit 1200 calories. Their cousin's best friend's orthopedist's step-daughter's teacher's mother lost 12 lbs in the first week.

:sick: :sick: :huh: :laugh:

Its called the "Master Cleanse" and has some really good benefits for incredibly ill people. Otherwise, it's a fad diet that Beyonce did a few times. It's SO unpleasant and they will be visiting the bathroom MANY times a day! It's true, though. You CAN lose 12 pounds in a week (if you're overweight) if you don't mind feeling like you're about to drop dead at any moment. Also, coming off of the cleanse you're supposed to spend the first day on only orange juice (or maybe two days) and the next couple of days on soups. If they do the cleanse long enough and don't come off it properly they can end themselves in the hospital. It's so incredibly dangerous for 'fake' results (because you gain back almost immediately (unless you transition to some kind of low calorie diet). By the by, on this cleanse they are not allowed to have any food whatsoever. ONLY the HORRENDOUSLY HORRIBLE TASTING juice.

i had ebola. then i started drinking diet pepsi. my ebola went away. diet pepsi and aspartame cures ebola!

..or maybe i'm just lying.

..like the people who claimed to be cured of illnesses by drinking lemon water, syrup, and cayenne pepper.

...if only there was some way to know. like if people applied the scientific method to experiments and then published their findings for others schooled in the scientific method to critique and attempt to duplicate independently. we should really setup a system like that so that people can't just claim outlandish things, huh?
  • Dolling5
    Dolling5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is one I'm ashamed to admit to having said A LOT in the past and now it drives me nuts to hear my sister say it:

'I get loads of exercise [LIES] so I should be really skinny' - well yes, maybe if you didn't stuff your face ALL DAY LONG on crisps, cake, chocolate and take away!
  • Dolling5
    Dolling5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not strictly on point...but one thing that really annoyed me was hearing my friends (seriously) overweight bf tell her that she looked podgy and needed to loose some weight to be a bit sexier. Needless to say, he didn't appreciate my comment of "Physician, heal thyself!" ;)

My ex used to always be on at me about how much I ate and how fat I was, when he was literally twice as heavy as me! Now you know why he's an ex!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My ex (the father of my daughter) who is 5'8" and 325lbs with many health issues calls me up every few weeks to ask me what I think of ________ (this week it was Herbalife but really insert name of some fad diet/weight loss program here).

When I invariably tell him that I think it's hogwash, he asks me what he should do instead. My response is always, count calories, eat at a reasonable deficit, and get in some form of exercise (just any extra movement really).

The response to that is always along the lines of, "That's a really good idea! I'll do that! Can you help me with a meal plan?"

I've stopped helping him because I've spelled it out so many times for him before. I've made meal plans for him, I've helped him make exercise plans, etc. He doesn't follow through and then in a few weeks he asks me about another fad diet. I just wish he would stick with it because he's got so many health issues associated with his obesity and I'm worried that my 4 year old daughter will have to go through the pain of having her father die young.
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hate the people who think because the food is healthy you can eat unlimited. An acquaintance of mine eats huge dressing killed salads with tons of add-ons like eggs, cheese and croutons. Then would eat a pile of oiled vegtables, creamy sauced noodles and a hunk of salmon. She would then tell me that my lettuce and vegetable salad with a serving of ranch on the side is unhealthy, especially with my veggie burger and half serving of fries. My meal was under 600 cals. She then proceeded to get a frozen yogurt and say the half mile walk to her would kill the calories. I run 1-3 miles most days and do yoga twice a week. She wonders why it has taken her 6 months to loose 10 pounds and I lost 5 in the past two weeks.
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weirdly, I never feel annoyed by people who want to lose weight. They can say whatever they want. When they're ready, they'll figure out what they need to do.

This.
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I hate my body, but i refuse to count calories.

I want to lose weight! Im gonna try to workout for 25 minutes a day...but well i dont have the time.

WTF..
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers mentioned to me that since I have 2 children that there is no way in H*ll I can have time to workout. She said it's impossible. Totally irritated me, but oh well. She is currently taking every man made pill to lose weight and refuses to step foot in a gym or do any type of exercise.