Need consistency and motivation

Hi All. New to the app. I know what I need to do but I struggle daily with motivation and consistency. Really hoping the app and its community will help. I need to lose 60 pounds at least.

Replies

• Hey OdinAsh, nice to meet you. I’m fairly new to the app as well. Well I’ve been on this app on and off. But I’m back and loving the new updates especially the macros counter and dashboard. We can do this !
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,792 Member
    Hello, and welcome!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like motivation is over-rated. I can't keep up "motivation" - at least not as people usually seem to mean it - for the whole rest of my natural life, and I sure enough want to stay at a healthy weight and reasonably fit for that whole time, if possible.

What I need, more so, is tolerable, practical, ideally fun and enjoyable new eating and activity habits. That's an experimental process, with learning experiences (some would call them "slip ups") along the way. Figure out a better plan when something goes South, keep working at it . . . good things happen.

At least that's been my experience. (I'm now in year 8 at a healthy weight, after around 30 previous years of overweight/obesity. I lost about 50 pounds.)

In my opinion, the big prize isn't losing weight, it's staying healthy long term. For me, that's different mindset than "lose weight fast". Others' mileage may vary.

Regardless of the approach one adopts, the results are worth the effort. Wishing you success!