Losing weight after 55!

I'm Sharon 59 for one more month and this the first time I've needed help to loss weight but the appetite suppressant is working. Since taking it my energy level had increased and I have lost 4.6 pounds. Before I was exercising and portion control with little or no results. I need to stay above my family history of heart disease. So I am actively seeking preventive measures.
Tagged:

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,109 Member
    Congrats!

55YO here and I lost 30+ pounds recently. You can do this... :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,773 Member
    Coincidentally, I lost around 50 pounds at 59-60, still at healthy weight now (68).

It can be done, and 4.6 pounds is a great start! I'm glad the meds are helping you. Keep up the good work!

I'm cheering for you to succeed long term: IME, the results are worth the effort!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited September 24
    Hi @SharonLThomas9085 welcome to MFP.

I started here six years ago, at age 56: obese,sedentary, gluttonous, negative, whinging and excuse making.

I went from a 22W (24?) to consistent size 4, where I’ve been for four or five years.

I am here to testify that, if i can do this, any obese, sedentary, gluttonous, negative, whinging and excuse making fool can do it, too.

Had I known it was this “easy” (simple! Give yourself a calorie budget, weigh and log and spend your calories wisely!) I would have done it decades earlier.

Take it slow. It’s the folks who hurl themselves into it who burn out fast and quit.

I can sincerely say that, having lost 40% of me, I no longer need to whinge, and making excuses is for sissies.

How can we help you reach your goal, and help you join our exclusive -and waaaaay cool- winners club?
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 359 Member
    53 lost 27