Falling back into old habits

I don't know why I do this. Yesterday, I fell back into my binging pattern after several days of doing well. I had four ice cream bars, 5 packages of gummy bears on top of eating my breakfast and lunch at breakfast, then purchasing lunch and having a large dinner. Today I am feeling better and am back on track. While I am not beating myself up about my binge, I am trying to figure out what triggered it. I was tired for sure and so instead of working out I sat down to watch TV. So that was definitely part of it. UGH. It is just so frustrating. If you have read all of this, I thank you for sticking with me.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,733 Member
    Thinking about your triggers is definitely a good move!

Aside from fatigue, any others factors that might come into play? Something that might be a trigger is if your base calorie goal (weight loss rate) is set too aggressively and/or if you've eliminated many of your favorite foods - feeling deprived can trigger cravings and binge eating in some people.

I would also suggest not keeping typical binge foods in the house (permanently or at least until you've increased your level of control) ?

Every one has episodes like this where things go wrong - just a matter of learning from it, dusting yourself off and getting back on that horse 🙂
  • M1990801
    M1990801 Posts: 1 Member
    Been there, gummies are my weakness as well lol. Start anew and today’s a new day!
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 45 Member
    Any habit, which you are addicted to could be left. You need to have determination and will to do so. You need to have a strong will power.
  • LAMP4560
    LAMP4560 Posts: 3 Member
    I am dealing with one episode of the binging right now. For me is bread. I have not had it for a month and I was doing fine; however, I feel that I sabotage myself because I was doing right... and yes.. my son brought the bread I like, and since then, I had a spiral effect... I am trying to focus on my goals, however it has been challenging.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,115 Member
    Mind over food. Strong mind = success.. :)