Maintaining is a tough, bumpy road.

Hi,

I'm a 50 year old women, in the throws of perimenopause. I lost ~30 pounds and have been in maintenance for about the past two years. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that over the course of the last year, I've gained back about 10 pounds. I just spent some time looking over my calorie & weight data for the last couple of years. I've done so many adjustments to my daily allotment over that time. I think (based on the 10-pound gain) I need to adjust down again (about 50 calories/day).

I guess my point here is to remind people (and myself!) that maintenance is never going to be a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. There is just so much trial and error to figure out a daily calorie point that works. This is especially true when you add life changes and new medications into the mix. I add that last bit, because it looks like the weight gain started when I changed HRT dosages. (Because, you know, menopause isn't already fun enough!) Anyway, while I'm disappointed that I now have some clothes that are too tight, I'm hopeful that the latest adjustment will do the trick.

Hang in there, everyone.
Alice