favorite way to cook your veggies

Options
im looking to find more ways to cook veggies, I love broccoli and asparagus sprayed with 0 cal butter spray then sprinkled with garlic powder, and roasted in the oven, and I LOVE cauliflower roasted in the oven then covered in franks hot sauce. but i need new ways of cooking veggies, preferably healthy ways, so give me some new ideas

Replies

• christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli tossed in a little garlic EVOO (need some healthy fats in your diet) and seasoning salt or sprinkled with some parmesan cheese then baked. And I love fresh green beans cooked on the stove in a little EVOO, seasoning salt and almonds. YUM!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Really like steaming vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and yellow (summer) squash. During cooking I sprinkle on some home made "vegetable delight" for flavor. (They discontinued it a few years ago, but there is a facebook page that has a recipe for a fairly good replication).
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like stir-frying broccoli, baby corn, snow peas, and bell peppers together in water and a low-sodium teriyaki sauce (I don't use oil). Sometimes I add chicken or cashews and pile it on some rice. Delicious!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    tnaVZn5.gif
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    grilled veggies are my favorite, but i often end up baking/oven roasting mine. Usually i add a small amount of Olive oil, but recently i have made eggplant, zucchini, long green beans & a few others without any oil and they came out pretty good.

i used to bake kale to make chips, but discovered that you can microwave them (just make sure to dry it off well after rinsing) and they come out great, nice & crispy just like from the oven but with way less cooking time.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have made veggies just about every which way by following good recipes I found on Pinterest.

I love roast veggies and I spray them will a little EVOO and salt. Very tasty.

I will add fresh herbs (whatever I may have laying around -- cilantro, parsley, rosemary, thyme, mint, oregano) or dried herbs. You can buy pre-made herb blends if you don't want to buy a bunch of different things. I love the Creole and Italian blends -- I will steam veggies, pan saute, oven roast, or grill. I tend to buy whatever is on sale or in season.

I LOVE wilted spinach, garlic, and feta cheese. Just toss the garlic in a pan with some EVOO and lightly saute, add the spinach and feta.
  • electrokinetic
    Options
    I love cooking up portabello mushrooms. It's best to marinate it with these ingredients if you have the time but if not, this is how I do it... Pour 3/4 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and dont spread it around. Now put some taragon, lemon grass, and garlic salt (if desired) in the oil and mix it. Now turn on the heat and wait for it to get hot so it will spread around nicely. Now take slices of portabellos and cook them in the oil.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted or grilled.
    Either way with EVOO, sea salt and pepper.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I stir fry them with palm or coconut oil and add fresh garlic, thyme, onions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, pepper and gluten-free soy sauce. So yummy!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Sesame oil is also really good to stir fry vegetables.