"Just Dance" Wii 30-day challange, anyone wanna join me?

Options
Hey everyone, I just bought a Wii to help keep me motivated. I tell you what, "Just Dance" is a heck of a workout if you really get into it! I'd love to find some buddies to do a 30-day challenge with! The rules would be simple:

-minimum 30 minutes of "Just Dance" at least 6 days per week (i did a whole hour yesterday,it flies by!)

Any takers?? :D

Replies

• BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    Isn't it SO MUCH FUN! I was sweatin the other day playing against hubby and son! I'm doing Turbo Fire right now so I don't know about the challenge..... Oh why NOT. It's fun. I'm in! I also joined a 300 Challenge to get ready for HALLOWEEN!!!! Oh yeah..... let's do this!
  • oompasgirl
    Options
    I have it as well!! I'll do it!! Will we just post on here our progress? If so how often and when should we start?
  • Valhead
    Valhead Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds super fun :) We should keep track of high scores.
  • DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How about starting today or tomorrow, 30 days total.

Rules: Play at least a half hour, or at least one full-version10-song challenge mode! (I think everyone should have to do "Jerk it out" every time lol with the jumping jacks and running!!)

Updates from everyone on Thursdays since thats when most will start hopefully? :)

I'm not sure how challenge details work,anyone more experienced? :) I just thought it would be fun.

I look like a total spaz playing it,trying to get a workout im workin all my limbs lol Cotton Eye Joe has me jumping around like im having hillbilly-seizure!
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    I just did my 40 minutes for the day,might even do more later!! :D
  • oompasgirl
    Options
    Hillbilly seizure! I love it!! LMAO!!

Sounds great!! See ya'll here on Thursdays!! Good Luck!!
  • BeSexy
    Options
    Got mine in for today. I even recorded it!!!! lmao!!! So in 30 days.... I hope I improve! So, I did the 10 song challenge and my total was +45. I wrote down all the songs I did and my top score. So, should we do the sames songs each day and keep track of each songs points or totals at the end????? Just some idea's. Like the songs for monday are....... and they are consistent each week. And each day should include one hard one. ANd then have one free day a week where we do the ones we want.
  • ThatGirl_1968
    ThatGirl_1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I just joined this site minutes ago and cracked up when I saw this message board! My Zumba class was cancelled this past Saturday and while I was kind of moping around I thought I'd pop in Just Dance as a type of exercise rather than playing it like I usually do with the kids. I couldn't believe how much I was sweating after a solid 30 minutes! I told my Zumba buddy that I was going to start working out with Just Dance on my non-Zumba days because it was so fun and a decent workout.
    I'll go ahead and give this challenge a try!
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME ME!!! I want to join. I LOVE Just Dance and get a great workout for it. So we check on on Thursdays with how many days and hours? Let me know cause I'm totally excited now!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I saw your posting and am looking for new ways to exercise and it sounds like fun! So...looked on Amazon and saw three different versions (#2 comes out Oct. 2010). There is one with 30 tracks and then another by the same company but it says (PAL) but for Wii. It looks like different graphics/different songs but it's hard to tell.

Which one are you using? The one with 30 tracks?

Thanks!
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    ME ME ME ME!!! I want to join. I LOVE Just Dance and get a great workout for it. So we check on on Thursdays with how many days and hours? Let me know cause I'm totally excited now!

at least 6 days a week
    at least 30 minutes a day (or one 10-full length song challenge mode) *I am personally doing 1 hour a day, but 30 is the minimum for the challenge!*

I also think everyone should have to do "Jerk it out" and "Cotton eye joe" every time because I think they are the most physical :) but that's not a rule!
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    I have a question. I saw your posting and am looking for new ways to exercise and it sounds like fun! So...looked on Amazon and saw three different versions (#2 comes out Oct. 2010). There is one with 30 tracks and then another by the same company but it says (PAL) but for Wii. It looks like different graphics/different songs but it's hard to tell.

Which one are you using? The one with 30 tracks?

Thanks!

I cant wait for the 2nd one!!! :D I am using the 30+ track one,it comes with a red cover :)! Its a lot of fun,you wont regret it!
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    Hello!
    I just joined this site minutes ago and cracked up when I saw this message board! My Zumba class was cancelled this past Saturday and while I was kind of moping around I thought I'd pop in Just Dance as a type of exercise rather than playing it like I usually do with the kids. I couldn't believe how much I was sweating after a solid 30 minutes! I told my Zumba buddy that I was going to start working out with Just Dance on my non-Zumba days because it was so fun and a decent workout.
    I'll go ahead and give this challenge a try!

So glad to have you aboard!!! This is gonna be fun!! :D
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    Got mine in for today. I even recorded it!!!! lmao!!! So in 30 days.... I hope I improve! So, I did the 10 song challenge and my total was +45. I wrote down all the songs I did and my top score. So, should we do the sames songs each day and keep track of each songs points or totals at the end????? Just some idea's. Like the songs for monday are....... and they are consistent each week. And each day should include one hard one. ANd then have one free day a week where we do the ones we want.

ooo,thats a Good idea!!!
  • BeSexy
    Options
    I cant wait for the 2nd one!!! :D I am using the 30+ track one,it comes with a red cover :)! Its a lot of fun,you wont regret it!
    [/quote]

Me either! By the time we are done with this, we deserve the next one! I"m so glad we got it and thank you for coming up with the idea for the challenge!
  • Spanx71
    Spanx71 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am totally in I will do mine when I get home from work tonight! It's going to be so much fun!
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    i'm definitely in..i love 'just dance' i like eye of the tiger very up beat!! gonna do it in about an hour and i'll try the 10 song challenge!
    Thanx for the idea though, i've been looking for a challenge which is fun too and this is perfect!! xx
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    haha! i've just done mine for today a 10 song challenge and i'm sweating and bright red...worth it though. lol :laugh:
  • DevonLigotti
    Options
    haha! i've just done mine for today a 10 song challenge and i'm sweating and bright red...worth it though. lol :laugh:

lol I know! I usually hate exercise with a passion,but "Just Dance" is too fun!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop and buy it this afternoon, heck my sons haven't had a good laugh in a few days.
    Last time I exercised in the house the smart butt came out of his room and asked me if we got any damages. Being dumb I asked from what. He replied from the earthquake that just hit..:frown: I let him keep living at home. How good am I?