Is 500g of chicken legs really 1000 calories !!!!!?

Just went over my calorie limit by 600 cause I didn’t think chicken legs were so calorie dense. Is the app right about the calories ?. It was roast chicken legs with skin

Answers

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,152 Member
    Yep pretty close to that. If you take the skin off it helps a lot thought.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,896 Member
    Relax: It's not worth 5 exclamation points. ;)

You learned something useful. Log it, and go on. Next time, maybe eat a bit less of chicken legs and a bit more of some filling but lower calorie side-dish like non-starchy veggies or salad or something.

All of us have learning experiences along the path to meaningful weight loss. Learning is part of the process. You learned. That's good, useful - not some kind of failing or tragedy. One day is a drop in the ocean of life. Focus on the big picture. :flowerforyou:

Best wishes!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Did you count the bones in the 500g? You only count the edible portion. 500g chicken legs will be substantially less once you subtract the leftover bones and gristle.

But yes, chicken leg and thigh with skin is higher in calories then breast. You can still make it fit your plan though, coz it's delicious.
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 158 Member
    yes, i always weigh my chicken legs or wings first, then weigh the bones afterwards, subtract and log it in grams.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Qbaimee wrote: »
    yes, i always weigh my chicken legs or wings first, then weigh the bones afterwards, subtract and log it in grams.

Lol, my husband thought I was mad the first time I was like "Don't scrape my plate yet! I need to weigh the bones!"
    but now he's used to me haha