Need 60 year old friends

Options
:blushing: Looking for older MFP friends! I am new to MFP but before starting I lost 30 lbs. I was able to loose the 30 lbs by jogging. I've been on a break for four months. I was able to maintain my weight loss but really want to resume the journey, just need support and motivation. My fitness goals are weight loss, and working up to a marathon next summer. I live on a mountain and spend a bunch of time hiking and walking (pushing) my 25 lb grandson in his Bob stroller uphill. I really want to be able to run up the hills pushing him!! I did the Equinox Marathon 20 years ago and want to do it again. I refuse to let my age stop me. I struggle with eating. This is the loose bolt in the cog! It is the hardest thing for me to get under control. I am seeing a nutritionist that mapped out a plan for me, but some days I just loose control and throw the diet out the window. I have seen people faithfully log everything they eat no matter what (my daughter) but I am just too ashamed to list some of the things I eat. I love reading the running chats. I really like MFP. There is something for everyone. Would love friends with similar interests and problems and friends willing to critique, encourage and support as I would like to do the same for others. Thanks friends!

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jessspurr
    Options
    This lady is about the most encouraging woman you would ever meet. She is also a lot more hardcore than she gives herself credit for- seeing is how she is going surfing with me in Hawaii in a couple months!
  • dianak6
    dianak6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't know what bump means!! Well we will see about surfing but for sure runs on the beach!!!!:heart:
  • jessspurr
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you reply to a post it "bumps" it up to the top of the list so more people see it. Also, I think some people write "bump" so they can refer to the post later to follow it or read it more. You can see the posts you create and respond to if you click "my topics".
  • dianak6
    dianak6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't know what bump means!! Well we will see about surfing but for sure runs on the beach!!!!:heart:
  • jessspurr
    Options
    Sometimes you need to go read the other "introduce yourself" posts and send some friend requests to people. You definitely need some friends though.
  • daylily55
    Options
    Hi. I'd love to connect with you and other more "mature" people!! lol I am also new to MFP and am currently at my all time high weight. Ever! Looking forward to losing with you!
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I am in my 50's and this is a journey best traveled with supportive friends. I am finding the weight doesn't come off as easy as it use to.
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 55 sending a friend request!
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi there sending a friend request your way!