I am feeling tired and cant focus, what supplements should i take?

i am feeling tired and cant focus, i think that i am going through burnout, what vitamins should i take to fix this?

Answers

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,963 Member
    Vitamins aren’t going to fix burnout.
    You will need to address what is causing the burnout
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,098 Member
    If you have a deficiency, you need to know what it is (through bloodwork) to address it. If you don't have a deficiency, taking all the vitamins in the world won't help because you don't get extra healthy from extra vitamins, you just pee out the excess.

As @MargaretYakoda says, you need to address the cause. How's your nutrition? are you eating enough? Sleeping enough? Are you overly stressed? Have you had recent bloodwork to make sure everything is as it should be?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,896 Member
    If you have a deficiency, you need to know what it is (through bloodwork) to address it. If you don't have a deficiency, taking all the vitamins in the world won't help because you don't get extra healthy from extra vitamins, you just pee out the excess.

As @MargaretYakoda says, you need to address the cause. How's your nutrition? are you eating enough? Sleeping enough? Are you overly stressed? Have you had recent bloodwork to make sure everything is as it should be?

This.

Get assessed to learn whether you have a deficiency. Supplementing without knowing can distort future blood test results, so muddy the waters completely. Check for other health conditions that could have fatigue or cognitive fog as a side effect: Hypothyroidism, auto-immune conditions, sleep disorders, and more.

For sure, if there's any sub-par thing among these now, get reasonable nutrition, get some moderate (not punitively intense!) exercise, use stress management techniques if there's stress in your life, get good quality/quantity sleep if possible, etc.

Supplements don't mostly fix things. Getting ourselves to an overall health-promoting lifestyle is a better strategy.